Shopgate Webstore Quick Start Guide
Your step-by-step guide to launching in-store and curbside pickup.
Welcome to the Shopgate Family!
We’d like to be the first to welcome you aboard! We’re excited to be with you on this journey of navigating the future of retail and are thrilled to be playing a role in offering a solution both you and your customers will love.
As you set up your account, please use this guide for reference as you follow the steps you’ll see here and in the portal. Should you have any additional questions, please feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. A detailed Admin User Training Guide is available upon request.
Step 1: Create Locations
Once you log into your Admin account, begin by creating your store locations.
1. Select Settings > Locations to manage your fulfillment locations.
2. Select New Location to add a new location.
- Enable your desired fulfillment methods as you add each location.
- Click Save.
NOTE: You can add additional locations or disable locations at any time. Additional fees may apply.
Step 2: Add Users
Admin and Owner users can create new users. To create a new user, select Settings > Users and then select Create User. When the New User screen displays, add the following information to create a new user and select Save:
- Email address
- First Name
- Last Name
NOTE: To save the details of the newly created user, you must add at least one Role. There are already predefined sets of Roles from which you can add a role OR you can create a new Role in the Role section and then add the new custom Role to the user. Predefined roles have default permissions. Users can add a new role and select permissions as needed. You can add new users at any time.
Step 3: Upload Catalog Data
Now it’s time to upload your Catalog! Select Catalog > Upload Data tab to easily upload category, product, and inventory information.
Formatting the CSV Files
You can upload the catalog data via a CSV file, using any inventory system. To prepare the CSV files to upload, you must follow the expected format.
- Click Download CSV to view the sample CSV files that show you how to format your data. Details for each attribute are available in the Admin User Guide.
- If this is your first time uploading content, begin with the Category Upload. Then, move in order to Product Upload and Inventory Upload.
Upload the CSV Files
Once you have properly formatted your CSV files, simply drag and drop each file into the appropriate box to upload your data. The data begins to process immediately and may take up to 15 minutes. Once the upload completes, details for the category, product, and inventory are available in their respective tabs.
Step 4: Configure General Settings
Now it’s time to confirm your Merchant-level default settings.
- Select Settings > General to set merchant account level defaults like locale, currency, timezone, and more.
Added bonus: Additionally, you can quickly and intuitively enable supported fulfillment methods, control shopper experience paths, and adjust operational settings.
Step 5: Enable Payments (BOPIS only)
Now, it’s time to enable your payment platforms. Merchants must have a Stripe account to enable Payments. To create a Stripe account, go to www.stripe.com/register.
NOTE: Enabling payments is only necessary if the Merchant account includes the Buy Online Pick Up In-Store (BOPIS) fulfillment method.
- Select Payments module.
- Currently, Stripe is automatically enabled as the only integrated payment platform and displays at the top of your screen.
NOTE: Additional payment platforms are coming soon. The Add Payment Method dropdown will be enabled when new payment platforms are added.
Select CONFIGURE to enable supported card types.
Step 6: Configure Taxes
- Select Settings > Taxes to configure and assign tax classes for customers, products, and shipping.
- Default settings will be on your account based on location, but you’ll need to double-check that these are correct. Please note, Shopgate is not responsible for any misidentified tax information.
- Click Save.
- Now, when a customer checks out, the correct tax value is calculated according to the tax class of the customer and the product, and the tax rules configured for the region (billing region, store location).
Step 7: Configure Appearance
Now comes the fun part - customizing the appearance of your storefront!
- Select Design. (Be sure to select Save along the way to save your updates!)
- Select Appearance to customize colors. You can also use HEX codes to add your specific brand colors to your storefront.
- Select Widgets to customize your layout.
- Select Menu Items to customize the sidebar of the Web app.
Step 8: Launch!
After following these steps, you’re ready to launch your new contactless commerce solution! Take a minute to ensure everything from the previous steps has been saved correctly and click Publish.
Congratulations, your new webstore is now live!
Select Test Apps > Webapp to view your website.
Start Fulfilling Orders
- Download the Deliver App from the Google Play or App store.
- Based on the access enabled, users can log in to the Deliver app for individual stores.
- Users can then view and fulfill customer orders.
- As you fulfill orders, your customers are notified when orders are ready for collection via SMS message.
Promote Your Offering
Be sure to promote your new offering to let customers know how they can shop from your business.
We’re so happy to have you on board and can’t wait to see your business continue to grow! If you ever have additional questions, please feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com.