Facebook Ads for Apps are supported on Shopgate.
With Facebook Ads for Apps, you can get more people to install or engage with your app.
Topics covered in this article:
1. Getting started
1.1 What is Facebook Ads for Apps
Facebook Ads for App, as known as Mobile App Ads, can be used to:
- Increase the number of people who install an app by directing people to the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store. Learn more about creating mobile app install ads.
- Increase engagement from existing customers by getting them to use your app more often (which can include directing them to a specific page within your app). Learn more about creating mobile app engagement ads.
1.2 Preparing your Facebook App
To advertise your Shopgate-powered mobile app on Facebook, please follow this documentation to create and connect a Facebook App.
2. Creating a Facebook Ad for your Apps
To create a Facebook Ad for Apps:
- Go to ad creation and then choose Get installs of your app or Increase engagement in your app.
- Enter a campaign name, your account info, and choose the app you want to promote.
- Create a customized audience using Events and Parameters.
- Choose the budget, images and text for your ad before placing your order.
Learn how to create an ad for your app in Facebook Adverts Help Center.
3. Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
3.1 When can I use the Facebook Ads for Apps feature?
After you have configured your Facebook App by following this documentation, your Shopgate mobile app will be re-complied and updated.
Please request an app update. The feature will be released on your app in around 5 business days.
3.2 Do I need to configure Facebook Login to use Facebook Ads for Apps?
No. You don't need to configure Facebook Login on your Shopgate-powered app(s) to use Facebook Ads for Apps.
3.3 Where are the ads displayed?
Your Facebook Ads for Apps are displayed on different platforms:
|Type of Mobile Ad||Platform|
|1. Get installs of your app||Your customers will see the ads in the News Feed of the mobile web and native apps.|
|2. Increase engagement in your app||Your customers will see the ads in the News Feed of the native apps only.|
3.4 Where can I see breakdowns for my App Installs?
Use Facebook Analytics for Apps to get better insights and breakdowns for your Facebook Ads for App Installs. Go to Events and click on App Installs.
For more information, read Measure with Facebook Analytics for Apps