PayPal PLUS is available as a payment service provider on Shopgate.
In this article, you will find everything you need to set up PayPal PLUS as a payment method for your apps and mobile website.
Topics covered in this article:
- Getting started
- Setting up PayPal PLUS at Shopgate
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
1. Getting started
If you don't already have one, please sign up here, select "Geschäftlich" and fill out the form.
1.1 Supported payment types and countries
By setting up your PayPal PLUS account at Shopgate, you are able to accept these payments from your customers:
- PayPal on your app, and
- the following payments marked as "Yes" on your mobile website:
|PayPal||Direct Debit||Credit Card||Invoice|
1.2 Collecting necessary information
Please prepare the following information before you set up PayPal PLUS as a payment at Shopgate.
These are live API credentials from your PayPal PLUS account. You can find them in your PayPal Developer account: Dashboard > My Apps & Credentials.
To generate the Client ID and Secret for the first time, read 1.3 Getting your Client ID and Secret
|PayPal Express button||You can choose whether or not to show the PayPal Express button in your app, show it in "Cart only", or "on the product detail page and in cart."|
|Is Invoice payment activated in your PayPal account?||
Select "Yes" if you have activated the invoice payment method in your PayPal account. When yes is selected, we will add the payment badge "Invoice" to the footer of your mobile website.
|Show Invoice payment in Sandbox||You can choose whether or not to show Invoices in your Sandbox payment selection. *Only work on Sandbox.*|
Use the additional settings to apply free shipping for this payment method, additional charges or discounts, or to strict the usage of this payment by setting a minimum/maximum order amount.
For more assistance, read Understanding additional fees of a payment
1.3 Getting your Client ID and Secret
To get your Client ID and Secret for the first time, please create a "REST API app".
- Log in to your PayPal Developer account at https://developer.paypal.com and navigate to "Dashboard".
- Under My Apps & Credentials tab, create an app by clicking the "Create App" button.
- Enter an app name, connect your facilitator account (DE), and click "Create App".
- Your Client ID and Secret are now generated. Please select Live, copy the live API credentials, and enter them into your Shopgate admin in the next step.
2. Setting up PayPal PLUS at Shopgate
2.1 Adding PayPal PLUS as a payment method
To set up PayPal PLUS as a payment method at Shopgate, please complete the following steps:
- Log in to your Shopgate Admin page.
- Click on Settings from the menu bar, then select Payment.
- Find Add payment method section, start typing Paypal, Lastschrift, Kreditkarte, Rechnung and select it from the list when it appears.
- Enter your PayPal PLUS account information in the pop-up window and click Save. Your account information will be validated automatically.
Now you have added PayPal PLUS as a payment method for your apps and mobile website. Continue to set up a webhook.
2.2 Setting up a Webhook in PayPal Apps
Status updates from a PayPal PLUS payment are done via a webhook. This ensures that you see the correct payment status in your mobile shop. To set up this webhook, follow the steps here:
- In your PayPal Developer account, go to "My Apps and Credentials" (https://developer.paypal.com/developer/applications/)
- In section "REST API apps", select the app from which the credentials you use for your Shopgate mobile shop.
- In your app details page, find section "LIVE WEBHOOKS" and add a new Webhook by clicking the "Add Webhook" button.
- Copy the URL below and paste it into the field "Webhook URL". Select all event types and save.
- The webhook is set up when you see this screen
That's it! PayPal PLUS is now successfully set up as a payment method for your mobile shop.
3. Frequently Asked Questions
3.1 Why aren't the Shopgate payment statuses updated?
If your Shopgate payments show incorrect payment status, please make sure that the webhook is set up and configured correctly in your PayPal account. Make sure that the client ID and secret are live API credentials.
Also note that a security connection is required from PayPal and Shopgate. Please make sure https is used in the webhook URL.
For more information, please read 2.2 Setting up a Webhook in PayPal Apps
3.2 Can I use the same Client ID in all my Shopgate shops?
If you manage several shops via your account at Shopgate, only one client ID is needed. You can enter the same Client ID in all your Shopgate shops.
3.3 Do I need to refund my customers manually after I cancel an order?
No. You don't need to refund the money manually via your PayPal PLUS account. The refund is done automatically when you cancel an order.