Shopgate provides secure and easy in-house payment solutions for your apps and mobile website. In this article, you will find everything you need to set up Shopgate Payment.
Supported payment types and countries
Certified according to the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS), the following payments are made available for your mobile shop:
|Credit Card||Invoice||SOFORT Banking||Prepayment|
Collecting necessary information
Please prepare the following information before you set up Shopgate Payment.
|Shop Information||Shop name and category.|
Company address, Registration Number, and VAT Identification Number.
A contact person is required for registering a Shopgate Payment account.
This includes a name with an address, nationality, date of birth, an email, and a phone number. This person will be contacted regarding the Shopgate payment registration.
This bank account will be used to receive mobile customer payments.
You will need the account holder's name, account IBAN, and BIC.
The address and the ID card or passport of the shareholders who hold 25% or more of the company's shares.
The name (and the ID card or passport) of company owners who have signing authority.
An electronic version of these documents:
Registering an account with Shopgate Payment
If this is your first time using the Shopgate Payment, you will be asked to register for an account. To do so, please follow the steps here:
- Log into your Shopgate Admin page and click Settings from the menu bar. Select Payment.
- Click the Sign up for Shopgate Payment button in the banner image.
- The Shopgate Payment Registration form will open. Please verify the pre-filled information and fill out any blanks. Agree to both terms and click Register now.
IMPORTANT: Please make sure to enter the correct information. You will NOT be able to make changes once you have clicked the "Register now" button.
- On the next page, you will see a confirmation of your personal data.
You have now registered for an account.
Please continue to enter the following information:
Bank Account to receive payments
Please enter a bank account to receive payments from your customers. This account needs to be a Euro account.
Click Open, then +Add Shareholder. Enter the basic information of each key shareholders who own 25% or more shares of your company.
Click Open, then + Add Person. Enter all the company owner who has signing authorities. Click Save.
After you have entered all the company owners, click Submit Persons.
All of the following documents are required in the electronic version. Please prepare them as instructed below. Your data is encrypted and safe with us.
- The ID card (front and back) or passport (photo page) of each natural person who owns 25% or more of the company shares.
- Your trade register and a copy of a bank statement.
- Open the PCI Questionnaire in your browser and fill out the sections that are highlighted in blue (Section 1 -> Part 1a and Part 2a, and Section 3 -> Part 3b.) Print this document and sign Section 3 -> Part 3b with a pen. After the form is completed, scan it and upload it back to us.
After you have uploaded all the documents, click Finish Registration to finish the entire process.
That's it! Now you have applied for a Shopgate Payment account. Your information will be validated* and Shopgate Payment will be activated for your shop within the next 2-3 weeks.
*We will contact you if extra information is needed.
Read this for a list of fees for Shopgate Payment (powered by Adyen).
Read this for more information about Adyen.