Barzahlen is a supported payment service at Shopgate.
By setting up your Barzahlen account at Shopgate, you will be able to accept the following types of payment from the available marketplace:
In this article, you will find everything you need to set up Barzahlen as a payment method for your apps and mobile website.
Topics covered in this article:
- Understanding Barzahlen
- Adding Barzahlen as a payment provider
- Setting up a division for Shopgate order update
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
1. Understanding Barzahlen
Barzahlen is a convenient and secure prepayment for your mobile shop. Your customers can purchase anything from your apps and mobile website WITHOUT a card or an online payment account. After a customer has clicked on "Buy", a unique barcode will be generated for paying at a nearby partner facility such as:
This process is explain in Chapter 4.1 How do my customers pay with Barzahlen.
For more details about services at Barzahlen, please visit their website.
2. Adding Barzahlen as a payment provider
2.1 Collecting necessary information
To connect your Barzahlen account at Shopgate, you will need the following credentials and configuration details. Please collect these before you proceed.
|Shop ID / Division ID||This is your Barzahlen Division ID (for new accounts), or Shop ID (if you registered before August 1, 2015).|
|Payment Key||This is your Barzahlen Payment Key, provided by Barzahlen.|
|Notification Key||This is your Barzahlen Notification Key, provided by Barzahlen.|
|Notification URL||This is a unique URL provided by Shopgate. You will need this URL to get real-time order status from Shopgate. (Explained in 2.2 Setting up Barzahlen at Shopgate)|
To locate your Barzahlen account details mentioned above, please read where can I find the required information?
2.2 Setting up Barzahlen at Shopgate
To set up Barzahlen as a credit card payment method, please complete the following steps:
- Log in to your Shopgate Admin page.
- Click on Settings from the menu bar, then select Payment.
- Find Add payment method section, start typing Barzahlen and select it when it appears.
- In the pop-up window, enter your Barzahlen account information. Copy the unique "Notification URL" generated for your account and enter it in Chapter 3: Setting up a division for Shopgate connection.
- Set up additional charges if necessary and click Save.
Barzahlen is now successfully set up as your prepayment.
2.3 Finding the required information
To find the information required above, please log on to Barzahlen and navigate to Settings > Divisions. There you can find your Shop ID (now called "Division ID"), Payment Key, and Notification Key.
3. Setting up a division for Shopgate order update
To receive real-time update about your order status, please set up a new division in your Barzahlen account. Follow the steps here:
- Log in to your Barzahlen account. Navigate to Settings > Divisions, and click Add new division.
- In the new division, enter the same Division Title and URL as your main shop. In the field Notification URL, paste the URL you copied from Chapter 2.2. Click Save.
Now you have successfully set up the notification division for Shopgate integration.
4. Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
4.1 How do my customers pay with Barzahlen?
Paying an order with Barzahlen service is as easy as 1, 2, 3:
Select to generate a code and send it to you via SMS, or print the statement in a pdf file.
IMPORTANT: SMS function only works in the apps.
Click "Partnerfilialen in Ihrer Nahe" to show all the participating partner facilities near you. Simply go to any of the facilities, pay the amount states here using cash, and show the SMS code or the printed payment statement to the cashier.
You have paid successfully. Now your order will be shipped.
4.2 When should my customers pay for their order?
Your customers have up to 14 days since their order date to pay for their order. The expiration date for this payment is printed on the payment statement mentioned above.
4.3 Why couldn't I receive a code via SMS?
Receiving a code via SMS function only works if you are using the apps. Please advise your customers to download your apps to take advantage of this convienet service.