Shopgate supports payolution as a payment service provider.
In this article, you will find everything you need to set up payolution as a payment method for your apps and mobile website.
Topics covered in this article:
- Getting started
- Setting up payolution at Shopgate
- Adding an extra field for "Birthday"
1. Getting started
1.1 Supported payment types and countries
By setting up your payolution account at Shopgate, you will be able to accept the following types of payment from the available marketplace:
1.2 Collecting necessary information
To connect your payolution account at Shopgate, you will need the following credentials and configuration details. Please collect these before you proceed.
These credentials are provided to you by payolution.
|payolution's confirmation email|
|Additional Settings||To set up additional charges or discounts, read Understanding additional fees of a payment|
2. Setting up payolution at Shopgate
To set up payolution as your payment method, please complete the following steps:
- Log in to your Shopgate Admin page.
- Click on Settings from the menu bar, then select Payment.
- In section Add payment method, start typing payolution and select Invoice or Installment when they appear. If you use both invoice and installment from payolution, follow the steps here to add them one by one.
- Enter your payolution account information in the pop-up window. Your account information will be validated automatically.
- Click Save.
3. Adding an extra field for "Birthday"
payolution requires all customers to enter their birthday when using this payment. To collect this information, we are providing 2 options here. Please pick an option that works best for your shop, and ask your Shopgate support expert to add an extra field for entering customer's birthday with the following settings:
Option 1: Adding a birthday field at checkout
This option will show a field at checkout for your customers to enter the birthday. Only those who use payolution are required to enter their birthday. Anyone else can choose whether they want to enter this info or not.
Please ask your Shopgate support expert to add an extra field for entering customer's birthday with the following settings:
|Internal Field Name||birthday|
|Form Element Type||Date|
Option 2: Adding a mandatory birthday field to the registration form
This will require ALL of your customers to enter a birthday at registration.
Please ask your Shopgate support expert to check the option "Show mandatory birthday field", but no extra field needs to be added.
payolution is now successfully set up as your payment service provider.