WooCommerce is available as a shopping cart system at Shopgate.
By setting up a connection in your WooCommerce shop to Shopgate, you will get these wonderful features straight into your apps and mobile website:
|Support||Import to WooCommerce|
|Customer Account||Export to Shopgate Mobile Shop|
|Login with Desktop Shop Account
Login to Desktop Shop with Mobile Account
Customer Groups / Tier Pricing
Show Desktop Orders on Mobile
✘ / ✘
|Sync||Validate, upon Cart Changes|
|Delivery Status "Shipped"
Order Status "Canceled"
Stock Quantity, on Product Detail Page
|Shopgate||New! The payment validation feature allows you to offer specific payment options to targeted carts and customers.|
In this article, you will find everything you need to connect your WooCommerce shop to Shopgate.
Topics covered in this article:
- Getting started
- Building your mobile shop
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
1. Getting started
1.1 Collecting information
To get started, please collect the following information:
Your Consumer Key and Consumer Secret are API elements used by WooCommerce to control access to your shop backend.
To create or manage the keys, follow the instructions 1.2 Generating API keys
The category route is part of the URL of your web shop. You can find it between "wordpress/" and a category name.
To find out your category route, go to your webshop and click on any category. You will see the Category Route like this:
|Default Product Tax||Depending on your WooCommerce version, your default product tax can be "Standard" or "Default". Ask your WooCommerce support if you are not sure about this.|
1.2 Generating API keys
To generate your WooCommerce Consumer Key and Consumer Secret, follow the steps here:
- Go to WooCommerce > Settings > API > Keys/Apps and select Add Key.
- Select a User and add a Description. Choose Read/Write access for Permissions. Click Generate API Key. WooCommerce will generate API keys for that user.
- Now your keys have been generated. Your should see your Consumer key and Consumer Secret like shown below. Enter these 2 keys in your Shopgate Admin as described in the next step.
2. Building your mobile shop
2.1 Establishing a connection to Shopgate
To establish a connection between your WooCommerce backend and your mobile shop, follow the steps here:
- Log in to your Shopgate Admin page.
- Click on Integration from the menu bar, then select Install Interface.
- In the drop-down labeled Select a system, start typing "WooCommerce" and select it from the list when it appears.
- A lightbox will open. Enter all the information shown below. The Shopgate technology will authenticate your credentials immediately.
If a connection is made successfully, a lightbox shown below will open. Leave all assignments to ON to access all the functions in your Shopgate mobile shop. Click Save.
Congratulations! Now you have connected your mobile shop successfully to your WooCommerce backend. Once the import finishes (progress bar disappears), you should be able to see your mobile shop filled with products!
Welcome to the mobile world :)
2.2 Setting up mobile redirect
To redirect mobile visitors to your mobile website, add the following code block to your template.
To do so, follow the steps here:
- Locate your template on your FTP server. You should be able to find it in the file "/wp-content/themes/<your_theme_name>/header.php" in your WordPress.
- Add the following code block to your template right above the closing <?php wp_head(); ?> tag.
- Replace "YOUR SHOP NUMBER" (line 22) with your shop number at Shopgate. Where can I find my shop number?
3. Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
3.1 Where can I update API keys and other configurations?
If you have updated your WooCommerce API keys or other configurations, you need to update the same info for your mobile shop. To do so, log into your Shopgate Admin website and click on the Actions drop-down and select Edit.
Configure your connection in the settings page below. Detailed explanations for options listed can be found below.
|Debug||This enables advanced debugging for identifying issues in your connection. Use ONLY when you know what you're doing.|
|Advanced error logging||This will break ALL operations over your connection even on minor errors. Use ONLY when you know what you're doing.|
|Consumer Key||Here you can update your WooCommerce API Keys and other info.|
|Product Tax Class|
|Enable base price export||When turned ON, we will export base price for your products.|
3.2 Do I need to update my mobile shop in the future?
You do not need to manually update your mobile shop. Whenever there is an update in the Shopgate software, we will update your shop via API method automatically.