Shopgate supports Accarda as a payment service.
By setting up your Accarda account at Shopgate, you will be able to accept the following types of payment from available marketplace:
|Invoice*, Installment PlanNEW*|
In this article, you will find everything you need to set up invoice payment via Accarda for your mobile website and apps.
Topics covered in this article:
- Getting started
- Setting up Accarda at Shopgate
- Adding an extra field for "Birthday"
- Finding the required information
- Frequently Asked Questions
1. Getting started
1.1 Registering an Accarda Merchant Account
If you don't already have a Merchant Account at Accarda, please register for one at http://www.accarda.com/kar/public/shopgate. You can also send an email to Accarda Merchant Support at firstname.lastname@example.org.
After your Merchant Account is set up, Accarda will email you all the necessary information including your Merchant ID/Webshop ID, Username and Password that you'll need to integrate Accarda at Shopgate.
1.2 Collecting necessary information
Please prepare the following information before you set up Accarda as a payment method at Shopgate.
|Merchant ID / Webshop ID||Your unique ID at Accarda.|
|Username & Password||Your API credentials for Accarda's web service interface (NOT your login credentials).|
|Submission Handling||How do you capture payments?|
|Invoice Type||How do you want to send out invoices to customers?|
|Physical Invoice fee (Optional)||An easy option to charge additional fees for "Physical Invoice", if needed.|
2. Setting up Accarda at Shopgate
To set up Accarda as your invoice payment service, please follow the steps here:
- Log in to your Shopgate Admin page.
- Click on Settings from the menu bar, then select Payment.
- In the section Add payment method start typing Accarda, and select the type of payment you accept from the list. If you accept more than one type of payment, repeat the steps.
- In the pop-up window, enter your Accarda Merchant ID/Webshop ID, Username & Password for Shopgate integration, and select Submission Handling and Invoice type. Where can I find this information?
☞ To charge an invoice fee from your customers, read Setting up a fee for physical invoices
- That's it! Accarda is now successfully set up as your invoice payment service.
3. Adding an extra field for "Birthday"
Accarda requires all customers to enter their birthday when using this payment. To collect this information, we are providing 2 options here. Please pick an option that works best for your shop, and ask your Shopgate support expert to add an extra field for entering customer's birthday with the following settings:
Option 1: Adding a birthday field at checkout
This option will show a field at checkout for your customers to enter the birthday. Only those who use Accarda are required to enter their birthday. Anyone else can choose whether they want to enter this info or not.
Please ask your Shopgate support expert to add an extra field for entering customer's birthday with the following settings:
|Internal Field Name||birthday|
|Form Element Type||Date|
Option 2: Adding a mandatory birthday field to the registration form
This will require ALL of your customers to enter a birthday at registration.
Please ask your Shopgate support expert to check the option "Show mandatory birthday field", but no extra field needs to be added.
4. Finding the required information
|Merchant ID / Webshop ID||You should receive this ID in an email after your registration at Accarda.|
|Username & Password||
Your username and password for logging into your web service interface (API). You should have received them in an email after your registration at Accarda.
Please do NOT enter the username and password you use at Accarda login.
Choose between "Authorize only" and "Do submission immediately after authorization".
Choose one of the following types to send invoices to customers.
This is entirely your choice. If "physical invoice" is selected, you are responsible for any additional costs incurred. You can charge a "Physical Invoice Fee" from your customers.
|Physical Invoice Fee (optional)||
If you would like to charge an additional fee for sending out physical invoices, you can do so by enabling "Additional charges" and entering an amount. (Where to find Additional Settings?)
5. Frequently Asked Questions
5.1 Why do some customers see an error when paying with Accarda?
The Accarda payments can only be activated when the order exceeds a certain value.
- For invoice payments, the minimum order requirement is 10 CHF
- For installment payments, the minimum order requirement is 80 CHF