If you're based in the US and need to update your payment method, please contact Shopgate support.
Shopgate supports Skrill as a payment service provider.
To set up Skrill in your Shopgate mobile shop, you need to have a business account at Skrill. If you don't already have one, follow the steps below:
1.1 Creating a Skrill business account
|1. Go here and click Sign up on the top right corner.|
|2. On the registration page, select Business as your account type.|
|3. Another page will open. Please enter your email address so Skrill can send you a link to continue the registration process immediately.|
|4. Please fill out the most important information about your company and click Continue.|
|5. Now you can start creating your business account. Please follow the steps described on the following pages.|
|6. You will be asked to specify the shopping cart you use. Choose Shopgate from the drop down list.|
|7. Please upload important documents. These are essential for the verification required by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).|
8. During the 5-step verification process, you can always jump between the steps. Step 6 shows a summary about details you still need to complete.
9. Click Submit after all information and documents are completed. Skrill will verify these details.
1.2 Activating the verified account
After Skrill has verified and approved your business account, you will receive a Verification of Activation. Now follow the steps here to activate your account:
1. Login to your account here.
2. Go to the Settings page. A new section named "Developer Settings" is now unlocked.
3. In this section, create a secret word for the purpose of encrypting your payments. Please note that your secret word must meet the following requirements:
Now you have successfully created and activated your business account at Skrill. Please continue to set up your Skrill account at Shopgate.
How do I set up Skrill at Shopgate?
To set up Skrill as a payment provider, please complete the following steps:
- Log in to your Shopgate Admin page.
- Click Settings from the menu bar, then select Payment.
- In the "Add payment method" section, start typing "Skrill", and select a type of payment (credit card, Sofort banking, Direct debit, or iDeal) from the drop-down list. If multiple types are used, repeat the steps until all accepted payment types are added.
Note: "Pay by Skrill" payment will automatically appear in checkout when you set up a Skrill payment. You do NOT need to configure "Pay by Skrill" payment.
- In the pop-up window, enter your Skrill Merchant ID, Pay to Email, Secret Word, and Password for MQI/API. Click Save.
For more assistance, please read Where can I find the required information?
- That's it! Skrill is now successfully set up as your payment provider.
What information is needed?
- Merchant ID: From your Skrill account
- Pay to Email: From your Skrill account
- Secret Word: Important parameter used to verify payment responses from Skrill.
- Password for MQI/API: Important parameter used to refund an order automatically from your Shopgate Merchant Admin site.
Where can I find the required information?
To find the required information, please log in to Skrill first.
"Merchant ID" and "Pay to Email" can be found on the top right corner of your Skrill homepage.
"Secret Word" and "Password for MQI/API" can be found under Settings > Developer Settings. If you don't already have a secret word or password, create them here.
IMPORTANT: The secret word or password should NOT be the password you use to log in to your Skrill account.