|Available for the following platforms:|
|Shopgate Connect||✔*||Shopgate Go||✔|
In this article, you will find out how to embed a custom tracking code for your Shopgate apps and mobile website.
With the Shopgate custom tracking code feature, you are able to track a wide variety of customer behaviors across selected mobile platforms and pages.
What is a custom tracking code?
Generally speaking, a custom tracking code is a piece of tracking code that someone wrote or customized specifically for your shop.
To be more specific, you are using a custom tracking code if...
- Your shop uses a tracking service other than the ones mentioned below, or
- You have modified the code provided to you from a tracking service mentioned below.
Integrated Tracking Services at Shopgate
If you use an original tracking code from these services, please refer to the documentations here.
|Google Analytics||Google Analytics Universal||Google Adwords||Adobe Dynamic Tag Management|
|econda||AppsFlyer||Facebook Pixel||Facebook Analytics for Apps|
To use your HTML tracking code on your mobile shop, keep reading.
Entering your tracking code
- Click Settings from the menu bar, then select Tracking Tools.
- Locate the Tracking codes section, select a platform and a page to display the code, and click +Add. You can see our available platforms and pages.
- Enter a title and your tracking code in the script editor. Turn Autovalidation to ON to add extra security and code accuracy to your shop. Your code will be validated before it can be saved.
- Click Save.
That's it! You have successfully set up a custom tracking code. Repeat these steps to enter another code if needed.
To convert this code, follow the simple steps and rules below:
Rule 1: The <script ...> and </script> tags should NOT be included.
Rule 2: External files (src) need to be converted.
An external file inside the <script> tag can be converted by using the following formular:
Rule 3: Do NOT include the <noscript>...</noscript> tags or anything in between.
Code within the <script>...</script> tags can be converted by simply removing everything between the <noscript> </noscript> tags.
For more tips on formatting the code, click here.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which platforms and pages can I track using the custom code?
In the table below are the available platforms and pages you can choose from. You can use a tracking code on any combination of a platform and a page*.
|Available Platform||Available Page|
|✓ All platforms
✓ Mobile Website Smartphone
✓ Mobile Website Tablets
✓ Mobile Website Smartphone + Tablets
✓ Native Apps Smartphone
✓ Native Apps Tablets
✓ Native Apps Smartphone + Tablets
|✓ All pages
✓ Start Page / Homepage
✓ Product List
✓ Product Detail Page
✓ Shopping Cart
✓ Login / Registration
✓ Checkout Summary
✓ Checkout Success
What are the rules on formatting the custom tracking code?
There are a few things you need to know when you write or modify a tracking code in the Shopgate script editor:
- If your code contains <script> </script> tags, refer to Rule 1 and Rule 2.
- If your code contains <noscript> </noscript> tags, refer to Rule 3.
- Comment a single line with "//", and a paragraph with "/* */".
- Press CTRL+Space to show a list of Shopgate variables available on the page selected for this tracking code.
You are using a tracking pixel if you see an HTML snippet similar to this in your tracking code:
To learn more about the tracking code functions and options, please read Advanced: tracking variables and events.
*Is only available for Connect when using a Classic Checkout.