Getting your apps to the customers is no easy task.
You are thinking about putting banners on your desktop website, on Facebook and Twitter, and in the welcome emails. Why not use the official app badges from the App Store and the Google Play store? In this article, you will find out how to download and link the app badges to drive more downloads of your apps.
Finding your app's URL's
- Log in to your Shopgate Merchant page and navigate to Settings > Native Apps.
- On the Native Apps page, click the button "Go to app" on the iOS App section to go to the App Store. Click the button "Go to app" on the Google Play Store section to go to the Play Store.
- On the pages, copy the URLs in the address bar - these are the links to your App Store and Play Store badges.
Getting badge artworks
The App Store badge
- Go to App Store Marketing Guidelines and read the section "Download on the App Store Badge".
- Now click Download .zip file.
- Unzip the package to reveal the "Download on the App Store" badge in the folder "Print EPS".
The Google Play badge
- Go to Google Play Badge Generator.
- Enter your Play Store URL you copied in the previous section and click Download.
Now you have successfully generated your own Google Play badge for your app.
Embedding app badges on your mobile website
Now that you have the app badges and your app's URL's, you are ready to go! Simply follow the steps below:
- On your Shopgate Admin page, navigate to Design > Pages.
- On the Pages page, select Homepage or any page you want to show your app badges. Then go to the tabs for your mobile website - Smartphone Website and Tablet Website. If you don't see these tabs, read How can I apply separate designs to apps and mobile website?
Below we will explain how to add badges to your smartphone website as an example. If you wish to include the badges on your tablet website, repeat the steps.
- On the Smartphone Website tab, select "Image" from the drop-down.
- A pop-up window will open. Choose 600 x 200 Pixel in the size drop-down. Click Upload image to add a badge image.
- Position your image in the preview window. Zoom in or out with the "+" and "-" signs. When you're happy with the image, click the check mark on the top right.
- Now click on the Link field. Click External link, and enter your app's URL in the field. Clicked Add to save the URL. Then click Add to save the embedded info.
- Now you're back at the Pages page. Repeat the steps to add the Google Play Store badge. At the end, make sure to click Publish Smartphone Website to save and publish the App Store badge.
That's it! Now you have added the app badges on your mobile website!