Download and link official app badges to drive more app downloads.
Finding your app's URLs
- Log in to your Shopgate Admin and navigate to Settings > Native Apps.
- On the Native Apps page, click Go to app under the app store you would like to add an app badge for.
- On the pages, copy the URLs in the address bar. These are the links to your App Store and Play Store badges.
Getting badge artworks
The App Store badge
- Go to App Store Marketing Guidelines and read the section titled "Download the App Store Badge."
- Click Download .zip file.
- Unzip the package to reveal the "Download on the App Store" badge in the Print EPS folder.
The Google Play badge
- Go to Google Play Badge Generator.
- Enter your Play Store URL you copied in the previous section and click Download.
Embedding app badges on your mobile website
Now that you have the app badges and your app's URLs, you are ready to go! Simply follow the steps below:
- On your Shopgate Admin page, navigate to Design > Pages.
- On the Pages page, select any page on which you wish to display your app badges. Then go to the tabs for your mobile website--Smartphone Website and Tablet Website. If you don't see these tabs, review this article.
- On the Smartphone Website and/or Tablet Website tab, select Image from the drop-down.
- A pop-up window will open. Choose 600 x 200 Pixel in the "size" drop-down. Click Upload image to add a badge image.
- Position your image in the preview window. Zoom in or out with the + and - signs. When you're happy with the image, click the check mark on the top right.
- Now click the Link field. Click External link and enter your app's URL in the field. Click Add to save the URL. Then click Add to save the embedded info.
- Now you're back at the Pages page. Repeat the steps to add the Google Play Store badge. At the end, make sure to click Publish Smartphone Website to save and publish the App Store badge.
That's it! You've just added the app badges on your mobile website!