Recently updated one or more products but the changes are not showing up in a search? You have come to the right page. In this article, you will find useful information to update the Shopgate product search for your mobile shop.
Topics covered in this article:
- Why are my product updates not showing up in search?
- How do I update the search index?
- Where can I find this function?
1. Why are my product updates not showing up in search?
This is because the search engine indexes in your mobile shop are outdated.
Product searches are done on a dedicated server at Shopgate. Search engine indexing is used to speed up searches in your mobile website and apps. Every time your products are imported via the Shopgate importing system, these indexes will get the newest information automatically. This makes sure product searches are always up-to-date.
When a product is created or new information is edited via API or manually at Shopgate Products page, the search engine indexing will not be updated. Without correct indexes, your recent updates will not show up in a search result.
2. How do I update the search index?
An option to update your shop's search index is provided on your end. A button named Update search index can be found in your Shopgate Merchant Admin page.
This function brings product information up to date immediately. Use this function if a recent change is not reflected in a product search.
3. Where can I find this function?
To update the search index in your mobile shop, follow the steps below:
- Log in to your Shopgate Admin page.
- Click on Integration from the menu bar, and then Utilities.
- On the Utilities page, click Update Search Index and wait for the page to load again.
- After that, refresh your Shopgate mobile shop or reload your apps. Now your changes should be shown in product searches.