Google Search Console (previously Google Webmaster Tools) provides detailed reports about your pages' visibility on Google.
In this article, you can find out how to set up your Google Search Console for your mobile website and apps.
Add your mobile website
- Login to Google Search Console with your Google account.
- Click "Add a site" on the webmaster tools homepage and enter the URL of your mobile website (e.g. m.myshop.com, or myshop.shopgate.com) and click "continue".
- Now continue to chapter 2 to verify your ownership.
Verify your ownership
To avoid abuse, Google provides a code for you to verify that you are the owner of the website.
- Click on the tab "Alternative methods" and choose "HTML tag".
- Copy the Google site verification code - it is the part mentioned in the content quotation marks.
- Log in to your Shopgate Admin page. Navigate to Settings > Mobile Website.
- On the Mobile Website page, find the option "Google Search Console" and turn it to ON. Paste the Google Verification Code in the text box appeared and click on to save.
- Go back to the previous webmaster tools page in step 2. Click to complete your confirmation.
Add Shopgate as a user
To get tracking results from Shopgate, please add the Shopgate email as a user to your shop.
- Choose a property in Search Console.
- Click the gear icon then select Users & Property Owners.
- Click Add a new user. Enter "email@example.com" as the user email, change Permission to "full" and click "Add".
Now you have added Shopgate as a Google Search Console user in your shop.
In order for Google to track your website better, we recommend that you submit a sitemap. This has been generated for you. Simply follow the 3 steps below:
- Click on your mobile website’s domain. By doing this, you are navigated to the dashboard.
- In the dashboard page, click on the field Sitemaps.
- Click on "ADD/TEST SITEMAP" button on the top right. Enter "sitemap-index.xml" and click "Submit Sitemap".
That's it! You have now successfully set up Google Search Console for your Shopgate app and mobile website. Please allow some time for Google to detect all sitemap links.