If you're based in the US and need to update your payment method, please contact Shopgate support.
Accept credit card payments in Germany with MasterPass.
In this article, you will find everything you need to set up MasterPass as a payment method for your mobile website and apps.
MasterPass is a free service that allows you to process payments using your credit card payment provider. At this moment, the participating providers are Shopgate Payment (Credit Card). However, there are more to come--they're just currently under development.
To get started, please add and configure your credit card payment provider following instruction Shopgate Payment and select Credit card (Payment Service Provider).
Now proceed to add MasterPass in your shop.
Adding MasterPass as payment method
After you have set up a credit card service provider supported by MasterPass, follow these steps to add MasterPass:
- Log in to your Shopgate Admin page.
- Click Settings from the menu bar, then select Payment.
- Find the "Add payment method" section, start typing "MasterPass", and select it from the list when appears.
- A pop-up window shown below will open. Simply click Save. How do I configure additional settings for MasterPass?
- That's it! Now you have successfully added MasterPass as a payment method for your shop.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which payment provider does MasterPass support?
At the moment, MasterPass supports Shopgate Payment Credit Card--but more options are in development.
How do I configure additional settings for MasterPass?
There is no need to configure any additional settings - MasterPass will use the exact same settings configured in your credit card payment entry.
To edit the additional settings in your credit card payment method, click Config on the "Credit card" entry. Changes will be reflected in your MasterPass configurations.