Accept payment from several different countries with PayPal. These countries are:
In this article, you will find out how to set up PayPal as a payment method for your app and mobile website.
Add PayPal as a payment method
To add PayPal as a payment method, please complete the following steps:
- Log in to your Shopgate Admin and navigate to Settings → Payment.
- Find the section titled "Add payment method" and select PayPal under Payment method from the list.
- In the pop-up window shown below, click Approve now. You will be temporarily redirected to PayPal's website.
- Click Grant Permission to allow PayPal to accept your customer's payments at Shopgate. You will then be returned to the payment configuration page in step 3.
Now you have added PayPal as a payment provider for your shop. Continue reading to configure the options.
Configure payment options
Before you can accept payments from your customers, a few options need to be configured. Follow the steps below:
- Go back to the Payment page. Now you should see PayPal listed as one of your payment methods. Click the Config button.
- The configuration page will pop up. Set additional charges, define where you want to display the PayPal Express Button, and select your transaction type. Click Save.
|Free shipping||To offer free shipping on all PayPal orders, select Yes. Otherwise, leave it to No. For more information, read Setting up additional fees and discounts of a payment.|
|Additional charges||To charge additional fees to PayPal orders, select Yes. Otherwise, leave it to No. For more information, read Setting up additional fees and discounts of a payment.|
|PayPal Express button||Select where you want to place your PayPal Express button: in the shopping cart, or on the product detail page. Select Disable to hide the button.|
|Transaction type||Sale: for immediate payment
Order: for creating an order
Authorization: for authorizing a payment to capture later
That's it! Now PayPal has been set up successfully to accept payments from your customers.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why are shipping rates incorrect for some PayPal orders?
This may be caused by PayPal Express service on the product page. If this happens, please choose to display your PayPal Express button only in cart, NOT on the product detail page. This will make sure shipping info will be calculated correctly.
Why can't I get payments from PayPal orders?
This is because your PayPal transaction type is not set up correctly.
For immediate payments from PayPal, please select Sale as your PayPal transaction type. If Authorization has been selected, you will need to go to your backend and manually authorize all payments.
What should I do after my PayPal credentials have been updated?
If you have recently updated any login credentials at PayPal, you will need to authorize your PayPal account again at Shopgate. This can be easily done by removing your PayPal from the payment list and adding it again. To remove PayPal, follow Chapter 2 and click Delete. To add Paypal again, follow Chapter 1.
Which IPN Transaction Type does Shopgate API send?
The Shopgate API sends an IPN Transaction Type of "cart." For more information on PayPal IPN Transaction Types, please read this article.