If you're based in the US and need to update your payment method, please contact Shopgate support.
First Data is a credit card payment service provider.
In this article, you will find everything you need to set up First Data as a credit card payment method for your mobile website and apps.
How to set up First Data at Shopgate
- Log in to your Shopgate Admin page.
- Click Settings from the menu bar, then select Payment.
- Find the "Add payment method" section, search for "First Data," and select it from the drop-down list.
- Enter your First Data account information in the pop-up window. This includes:
- Gateway ID / ExactID
- Key ID
- HMAC Key
- Transaction Type
- Supported credit card types
- Select the same credit card types configured in your First Data account. Your account information will be validated automatically. Click Save.
If you need more assistance, please continue reading.
Where can I find the required information?
To find the information, please follow the steps below:
- Log in to your First Data page.
- On the right-hand side of the Home page, click Terminals.
- Click the terminal name to go to the Terminal page.
- Navigate to the Details tab to find your Gateway ID and Password.
- Gateway ID: Also known as the ExactID.
- Password: This is NOT the password you use to login to your First Data page.
- Navigate to the API Access tab to find your Key ID and HMAC Key. Please note that you will not be able to view the HMAC key. If you don't have the HMAC key stored somewhere, you could generate a new key from this page. However, remember to update this key in your shopping cart and other systems if you generate a new key.
- Please select the same Transaction Type and the supported credit card types that are configured in your First Data shop backend.