Accept credit card payments in the UK with eWay.
In this article, you will find everything you need to set up eWay as a payment method for your mobile website and apps.
How to set up eWay at Shopgate?
To set up eWay as a credit card payment method, please complete the following steps:
- Log in to your Shopgate Admin page.
- Click Settings from the menu bar, then select Payment.
- Find the "Add payment method" section, search for "eWay", and select it under "Credit Card" from the list.
- Enter your eWay account information in the pop-up window and click Save. For more assistance, please read Where can I find the required information?.
- That's it! eWay is now successfully set up as your payment provider.
What information is needed?
To connect your eWay account, you need the following information:
- API Key
Where can I find the required information?
You will need to create an API account in order to generate an API Key and a Password. To do so, please follow the steps below:
- Log in to your MYeWay account.
- Click My Account > User Security > Manage Roles to create a new role. In the example, a new role "API Access" has been created.
- Now click Create User. Create a new password.
- For Security Role, select the new role you created in the previous step.
- The email address can NOT be the same as your main account email. Use an email such as API@myawesomeshop.com - it is only used for API access and does NOT need to be real!
- On your Manage Users page, click the Actions drop-down, and select View API Key.
- Your API Key will be displayed in a pop-up.