If you're based in the US and need to update your payment method, please contact Shopgate support.
Accept credit card payments in the UK with eWay.
In this article, you will find everything you need to set up eWay as a payment method for your mobile website and apps.
How to set up eWay at Shopgate?
To set up eWay as a credit card payment method, please complete the following steps:
- Log in to your Shopgate Admin page.
- Click Settings from the menu bar, then select Payment.
- Find the "Add payment method" section, search for "eWay", and select it under "Credit Card" from the list.
- Enter your eWay account information in the pop-up window and click Save. For more assistance, please read Where can I find the required information?.
- That's it! eWay is now successfully set up as your payment provider.
What information is needed?
To connect your eWay account, you need the following information:
- API Key
Where can I find the required information?
You will need to create an API account in order to generate an API Key and a Password. To do so, please follow the steps below:
- Log in to your MYeWay account.
- Click My Account > User Security > Manage Roles to create a new role. In the example, a new role "API Access" has been created.
- Now click Create User. Create a new password.
- For Security Role, select the new role you created in the previous step.
- The email address can NOT be the same as your main account email. Use an email such as API@myawesomeshop.com - it is only used for API access and does NOT need to be real!
- On your Manage Users page, click the Actions drop-down, and select View API Key.
- Your API Key will be displayed in a pop-up.