In this article, you will find out everything about the "deal of the day" feature in your Shopgate mobile shop.
What is deal of the day?
Deal of the day is a powerful marketing tool to promote limited-time offers in your mobile shop. A deal of the day runs for a specified time period, usually 24 hours, to attract customers' attention. Deals can be configured to take effect at any future time and will stop automatically when the time period expires. You can set as many deals as possible for the same time period, or for different time periods.
This can be highly useful for Thanksgiving, Christmas, or any big sales. For example, at your shop's semi-annual sale event, configure a deal of the day for 7 consecutive days to drive your mobile visits. Your customers will see the deal of the day with a countdown on your mobile website and apps. If set up with the push message function, your app users will get informed on their smartphones up to 2 hours prior to the offer start time.
Where can I find the "deal of the day" feature?
The deal of the day feature can be found in your Shopgate Admin page.
- Log in to your Shopgate Admin page.
- Click on Marketing from the menu bar, then select Deal of the day.
How can I set up a deal of the day?
Setting the basics
On your Deal of the day page, find Basic settings.
- A default title of "Deal of the day" has been entered for you. If you want to display a different title, please type in the Title's text box.
- Choose between always show the stock quantity of a promoted product, and not show the quantity.
- Click Save. This will set the basis for your deals of the day.
Creating a promotion
- To create a new deal of the day, click "+Add promotion".
- A pop-up will open. Configure the deal with a future date/time, product number, an offer price (optional), and a push message (optional). Click Save.
When an hour or minute is not entered, the beginning and end times will be set to 12:00 am (midnight) and 11:59pm.
Note that time is in 24-hour format.
You can plan a time to send out push messages to your app users. This time must be between 2 hours before the promotion starts and the moment the promotion ends. When left empty, push messages will be sent when the promotion starts.
- Now you can see your deal(s) of the day listed on this page. Currently running deals will be listed as Planned promotions. Past deals are listed as Expired promotions. Click on the product name (blue link) to go to the product details' page. Click Abort to stop the current deal and list the deal as expired.
- Now you have successfully created a "deal of the day" promotion. To add this entry to your mobile shop, continue to read chapter 3.3.
Displaying on mobile website & apps
To display "deal of the day" on your mobile website & apps, add a widget with the instructions below:
- In your Shopgate Admin page, navigate to Design > Homepage layout.
- On the Homepage layout page, in the "Smartphone" and "Tablet" tabs, select "deal of the day" from the drop-down "Add a new widget".
- A pop-up window will open. Click Add to add this widget.
To edit or view your current "Deal of the day" promotions, please click here. Your "Deal of the day" page will open in a new tab. Alternatively, open your Shopgate Admin in a new tab and navigate to "Marketing" > "Deal of the day".
- Now you have successfully added an entry for "deal of the day" on your mobile website and apps. If the entry doesn't show up immediately, clear your shop cache (How to?).
What does the deal look like to my customers?
On your mobile website
On your mobile website, a section called Deal of the day will appear by default right below your banner images. Your customers will see the name of the product on sale, how much time do they still have before the deal ends, and the deal price. The customers will be able to click on Show Product button on the front page to view or purchase this deal easily.
On your native apps
On your native apps, your customers will need to click on a menu entry called "Deal of the day" on the app's homepage to reveal the page shown below. They will see the name of the product on sale, how much time do they still have before the deal ends, and the deal price. The customers will be able to click on Show Product button to view or purchase this deal easily.