FACT-Finder is now available in your Shopgate mobile shop.
If you're using FACT-Finder as your search service provider for your desktop website, now you can use this service on your mobile shop as well.
In this article, you'll find useful information about how to set up FACT-Finder in your Shopgate mobile shop.
Topics covered in this article:
- Getting started
- What info do I need to set up FACT-Finder?
- Where can I find the required info?
- Where can I configure FACT-Finder at Shopgate?
1. Getting started
Before configuring FACT-Finder at Shopgate, please contact FACT-Finder to activate Shopgate in your shop.
Now follow the steps below after FACT-Finder has activated Shopgate for you.
2. What do I need to set up FACT-Finder?
To set up FACT-Finder as a product search function for your Shopgate mobile shop, the following information from your FACT-Finder account will be needed:
- Authentication Type
- Field identifier for product number
- URL encoding
3. Where can I find the required info?
You should be able to find most of the information above in your FACT-Finder account. If you have any questions, please contact your FACT-Finder support team.
This is the path to your search.ff page.
You can normally find this URL by clicking on the Search button from your account homepage.
Select your authentication type between advanced and simple authentications.
Username & Password
Choose one of your FACT-Finder accounts and enter the username and password here.
This can be an account you created specifically for Shopgate.
Prefix & Postfix
Required for accounts that use advanced authentication.
Enter "Shopgate" in both Prefix and Postfix if simple authentication is used.
Enter a channel name of your choice.
If nothing is entered, the first channel in your account will be selected by default.
Channel names can be found by pointing your mouse to the Search button on your account homepage.
Field identifier for product number
|This identifier is the product number under field roles when using the installer. It was defined by you when you imported data to a channel.|
|Select UTF-8 unless otherwise advised by your support personnel.|
4. Where can I configure FACT-Finder at Shopgate?
Simply follow the steps below to locate the FACT-Finder configuration page at Shopgate.
- Log in to your Shopgate Admin page.
- Click on Products from the menu bar, then select Product search.
- On the Product search page, select FACT-Finder from the drop-down Provider.
- A few rows of text-box will appear. Enter your FACT-Finder account info here. Click Save.
That's it! FACT-Finder is now successfully configured in your Shopgate backend.