In this article, you will find out how to use the shipping rates configured in your shopping cart system directly in your Shopgate mobile shop.
Topics covered in this article:
- Getting started
- Fetching shipping rates
- Configuring shipping options
- Verifying your shipping rates
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
1. Getting started
In order to use the shipping rates (configured in your shopping cart backend) directly in your mobile shop, your shop needs to qualify for BOTH of the following:
|1. Your shopping cart system is connected to the Shopgate backend|
Shipping rates configured in your shop system will be imported via an API method provided in the Shopgate plugin. This requires that the Shopgate plugin has been installed in your shopping cart system, and a connection has been made correctly to the Shopgate backend.
☞ To verify your connection, read: Is my Shopgate plugin connected properly?
☞ To learn how to install and connect a Shopgate plugin, click on your shop system below.
|2. Your shopping cart system is one of the following:|
|Magento||PrestaShop||Shopware 4||Gambio Shop||OXID|
|xt:Commerce 3||xt:Commerce 4 (Veyton)||modified eCommerce||Shopware 3.5||osCommerce|
|3dCart*||Zen Cart||Commerce:SEO 2.1 and 2.2||ialla||plentyMarkets|
* 3dCart does not support FedEx, UPS, or USPS automated rates at the moment.
** Your system must have the check-cart function implemented.
Continue to the next chapter if your shop qualifies for both points above.
2. Fetching shipping rates
- Log in to your Shopgate Admin page, click on Settings from the menu bar, then select Shipping.
- Click on the drop-down "+Add a rate", and choose Shopgate Plugin.
☞ To learn more about shipping rates, go to the Shopgate knowledge base Shipping Rates & Taxes
- A pop-up window will open. Configure your shipping options and click Save. This will create an API connection for your shipping rates.
3. Configuring the shipping options
3.1 Name & Description
|Shipping Title||This is the name of the shipping rate that will be displayed in your mobile shop.|
|Internal name||This is the name of the shipping rate that will be displayed for your own info. This name will not be visible to your customers.|
|Description||This description will be shown to your customers in your mobile shop.|
3.2 Shipping taxes
|Tax||If you don't assess additional taxes on the shipping costs you configured in your shopping cart or the Shopgate backend, select the "gross" shipping setting. Otherwise, select "net".|
3.3 Delivery countries
|Delivery countries||Choose all the countries and regions this shipping rate applies to. Click on the tabs to go to another continent.|
That's it! Now you have successfully set up your shipping rates for your mobile shop.
4. Verifying your shipping rates
As sophisticated as they can be, some shipping configurations may get lost or modified during the import. It is always a good idea to verify the shipping rates before setting your shop live. To do so, make a few test orders in your mobile shop.
- Go to your mobile shop. Click on the tab Integration, then Test mobile shop. Click on Open Website to open your mobile shop on your computer.
- Add a few products to your cart and proceed to checkout. Compare the shipping rates to your desktop website. Repeat this a few times to make sure the shipping rates are correct.
5. Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
5.1 Why is shipping incorrect when checkout via PayPal Express button on product page?
This is because shipping rates are only fetched from your shop system at the checkout page. If your customers try to order anything from the product detail page, shipping configurations will not be imported.
To avoid incorrect shipping, please remove the PayPal Express button from the product detail page, and place it only on the checkout page.
5.2 Why do my customers see "Unable to deliver to the shipping address."?
This error message can be triggered by 2 reasons:
- customer tries to order to a country that is not allowed in your settings;
- Your shipping configurations are not fetched correctly.
To avoid this message, please do the following:
- Make sure the country/region is enabled in your shopping cart system, as well as in your Shopgate configurations.
- Check if your have entered the credentials correctly in your plugin's configurations in your shop system.
5.3 Why don't my shipping configurations show up?
If your shop uses a plugin or an extension to handle shipping configurations, the Shopgate plugin may not be able to import your shipping correctly. It is also known that using the desktop shipping configurations does not work to the 100% in some shop systems.
If any of these is the case, please disable the Shopgate-Plugin shipping and add your rates manually.