JTL Software is available as a shopping cart system at Shopgate.
By setting up a connection in your JTL shop to Shopgate, you will get these wonderful features straight into your mobile shop and apps:
Import to JTL Software
Login with Desktop Shop Account
Export to Shopgate Mobile Shop
Delivery Status "Shipped"
Validate, upon Cart Changes
JTL uses its own logic for payment mapping.
Plugin is developed by external developer Andreas Guder. For questions regarding the plugin, please visit his website http://www.andreas-guder.de/agi-software/jtl-shop3.html
In this article, you will find everything you need to set up a connection to Shopgate for your JTL shop.
Topics covered in this article:
- Installing the Shopgate Plugin
- Configuring the plugin
- Establishing connection
- Activating mobile redirect
- Mapping payment methods
1. Installing the Shopgate Plugin
The Shopgate plugin for JTL shops can be installed in all JTL-Shop 3 systems. To install the plugin, follow the steps here:
- On your FTP server, go to the root directory of your shop. Copy the entire directories of "includes", "shopgate_library", and "shopgate_request". (In your root directory, you should also see these folders: "admin", "bilder", and "classes".)
- Find the plugin "Shopgate Plugin (AGI Plugin)" in Pluginverwaltung of your shop and install it.
- Enter "test" as your license key. This will give you a 14-day free trial. After 14 days, you will need a license key to use the plugin. For more information on this topic, please contact our external developer Andreas Guder at http://www.Andreas-Guder.de/bestelle-jtlshop-shopgate-lizenz.html.
- After the Shopgate plugin has been installed, please continue to set it up.
2. Configuring the plugin
Before the plugins can function properly, a few things need to be configured.
2.1 Entering credentials in Plugin
First, get the API credentials from your Shopgate account.
- Log in to your Shopgate Admin page.
- Click on Integration from the menu bar, then select Install Interface.
- In the drop-down labeled Select a system, type JTL and select it.
- A popup opens. Copy your Customer number, Shop number, API key, and Alias to a text editor - you will need to enter them into your JTL shop backend. Leave this page open. We will come back to enter an URL for importing products.
2.2 Entering credentials in Plugin
Now enter the API credentials in your JTL shop's backend.
- Log in to your JTL shop Admin backend.
- Navigate to Plugins > Plugins > Shopgate Plugin (AGI Plugin) to open a window shown in the next step.
- Navigate to tab API-Einrichtung. Please give the following folders "write permission" over your FTP program or web interface, if not yet given:
Repeat the step until error "not writable" disappears from all directory.
- Enter your Shopgate Customer number, Shop number, API key, and Alias copied from the previous chapter. Uncheck the option "activate mobile redirect" for now - this option needs to be done later. Click Speichern to save.
2.3 Editing settings for import and export
Navigate to Export-Einstellungen and Import-Einstellungen to set up import and export options.
In Import-Einstellungen, you can configure your payments. To do so, follow instructions Mapping payment methods.
If you run into any questions or problems, please refer to this wiki page: http://wiki.jtl-software.de/index.php?title=Kategorie:Shop-FAQ
3. Establishing connection at Shopgate
Enter your shop's URL in your Shopgate Admin backend to make the connection:
- Go back to the page you left open in chapter 2.1, step 4.
- In the pop-up window under 2. Enter URL, enter an URL for importing products from your shop, and click Connect. This URL for importing products should look like "http://your-shop-URL/shopgate_request/agi_shopgate_plugin.php". For example:
- When the connection is made successfully, a pop-up like this will open. Leave all assignments to ON and click Save.
Congratulations! Now you have successfully created a Shopgate mobile shop. Once import finishes (progress bar disappears), you should be able to see your mobile shop filled with products!
Welcome to the mobile world :)
4. Activating mobile redirect
To redirect mobile visitors to your mobile website, follow the steps here:
- In your JTL Shop 3 Admin backend, navigate to the menu point Plugins > Plugins > Shopgate Plugin (AGI Plugin).
- On the plugin page, click on tab "API settings" and check the option "activate mobile redirect".
Now your mobile website will be successfully forwarded.
5. Mapping payment methods
On page "Import-Einstellungen", you will see all the payment methods that are supported at Shopgate (column "Shopgate"). Those that are supported at your JTL shop are listed in the drop-down list (column "Shop").
- To map payment methods, look for the ones that are used in your Shopgate mobile shop and select a corresponding payment from the dropdown list.
- If you use Shopgate payment methods, select "Shopgate" for section Zahlungsart "Shopgate" zuordnen. Configure additional settings if necessary. Click Save.
Now you have successfully mapped your payment methods.
If you have finished all tasks described above, you have successfully set up everything you need for your JTL mobile shop with Shopgate. Now simply sit back and watch your business grow!