SOTE is a shopping cart system at Shopgate. With SOTE and Shopgate, you can convert your online store into iOS & Android apps and a mobile website in just a few minutes.
In this article, you will find instructions to set up the Shopgate plugin for your SOTE shop.
Install the Shopgate plugin
The Shopgate plugin for SOTE can be installed in all SOTE versions. Simply upload the plugin to your SOTE folder and activate it in your SOTE admin page. To do this, please follow the steps below:
Download the plugin
Visit http://www.sote.pl/shopgate.html and click Pobierz aplikację to download the Shopgate plugin.
Upload the plugin
- Log in to your shop’s backend.
- Navigate to Configuration → Update in the menu and upload the Shopgate plugin here.
- Navigate to Configuration → Additional applications in the menu. If installed correctly, you will see the Shopgate plugin in the list of installed modules.
- Click on Shopgate to open the configuration page. Leave this page open - we will explain how to find the required info in the next chapters.
Find API credentials
- Log in to your Shopgate Admin and navigate to Integration → Install Interface.
- In the drop-down labeled Select a system, type SOTE and select it.
- A popup opens. Look for Customer number, Shop number, API key, and Alias under 2. Configure. These are the API credentials the plugin needs to be authenticated at the Shopgate backend. Leave this page open - we will come back to enter the URL (explained in Establish connection)
- Copy Customer number(=Client number), Shop number, API key, and Alias, and paste them individually onto the plugin configuration page you left open from the last chapter. Check the box next to "Turn on". Copy the entire URL provided at Interface Address to a text editor program. We will need this in the next chapter. The rest of the options can be configured later (Explained in Configure the Plugin). Click Save.
Connect your shop to Shopgate
- Go back to the pop-up window at your Shopgate merchant page (step 4). Paste the URL you copied from the previous chapter to the text field at 3. Enter URL. Click connect to establish the interface.
- If a connection is made successfully, a popup shown below will open. Here you will be able to assign jobs to your first connection. We recommend leaving all assignments to ON at this time. Click Save.
Congratulations! Now you should see the progress bar running, and the Shopgate backend automatically filling your mobile shop with your products. Depending on how many products you have, the import process can take anywhere from a few minutes to a few hours. Welcome to the mobile world 😊
Update an existing plugin
To update the Shopgate plugin, you will need to update your store. Then the Shopgate plugin will be updated automatically.
Configure the plugin
Find the detailed explanations under each option on the configuration page.
|Turn on||Check the box if you want to activate the plugin.|
|Client number||This is the Customer number provided to you at your Shopgate Admin page.|
|Shop number||This is the Shop number provided to you at your Shopgate Admin page.|
|API Key||This is the API key provided to you at your Shopgate Admin page.|
Set your plugin mode to Production to export products from your live shop. Choose Test if you have a test shop, and just want to test the Shopgate plugin.
|Shop's country||Choose the country of your shop.|
|Alias||This is the Alias provided to you at your Shopgate Admin page.|
|Custom domain||A CNAME is a subdomain of your own domain that points to your mobile website. It may look like this: m.myshop.com. If you don't already have one, you will need to configure this on your server.|
|Product description||Select the type of product description you want to display in your mobile shop: short description only, full description, or both.|
|Default delivery||Select default delivery which will appear with Shopgate orders at SOTE.|
|Default delivery provider||Select default delivery provider which will appear with Shopgate orders at SOTE.|
|Payment types||Link the payment methods you use at Shopgate and in SOTE.|
|Interface Address||Copy the whole URL to paste to your Shopgate Admin page to connect the plugin.|
Frequently Asked Questions
What should I do if mobile redirect doesn't work?
If your mobile redirect doesn't work, please help the other SOTE users and yourself by reporting this issue to SOTE.
What should I do if import doesn't work?
If the product and/or category import doesn't work for your shop, contact Shopgate customer service. If the problem still persists, please help the other SOTE users and yourself by reporting this issue to SOTE.