SOTE is available as a shopping cart system at Shopgate. By setting up the Shopgate plugin for your SOTE shop, you can convert you online store into a mobile website and iOS / Android apps in just a few minutes.
In this article, you will find instructions to set up the Shopgate plugin for your shop with SOTE.
Topics covered in this article:
- 1. Installing the Shopgate Plugin
- 2. Establishing a connection with Shopgate
- 3. Updating an existing Shopgate plugin
- 4. Configuring the Plugin
- 5. Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
1. Installing the Shopgate plugin
The Shopgate plugin for SOTE can be installed in all SOTE versions. Simply upload the plugin to your SOTE folder and activate it in your SOTE admin page. To do this, please follow the steps below:
1.1 Downloading the plugin
Visit the website http://www.sote.pl/shopgate.html and click Pobierz aplikację to download the Shopgate plugin.
1.2 Uploading the plugin
- Log in to your shop’s backend.
- Navigate to Configuration > Update in the menu, and upload the Shopgate plugin here.
- Navigate to Configuration > Additional applications in the menu.
- If installed correctly, you will see the Shopgate plugin in the list of installed modules.
- Click on Shopgate to open the configuration page. Leave this page open - we will explain how to find the required info in the next chapters.
2. Establishing a connection between the plugin and Shopgate
After the Shopgate plugin has been installed successfully, two simple tasks need to be done to connect your mobile shop at Shopgate to your shop's backend: to enter API credentials in your shop's backend, and to enter your shop's URL in your Shopgate's admin page.
2.1 Getting API credentials
- Log in to your Shopgate Admin page.
- Click on Integration from the menu bar, then select Install Interface.
- In the drop-down labeled Select a system, type SOTE and select it.
- A popup opens. Look for Customer number, Shop number, API key, and Alias under 2. Configure. These are the API credentials the plugin needs to authenticate at the Shopgate backend. Leave this page open - we will come back to enter the URL (explained in 2.2 Establishing connection)
- Copy Customer number(=Client number), Shop number, API key, and Alias, and paste them individually onto the plugin configuration page you left open from the last chapter. Check the box next to "Turn on". Copy the entire URL provided at Interface Address to a text editor program. We will need this in the next chapter. The rest of the options can be configured later (Explained in Chapter 4. Configuring the Plugin). Click Save.
2.2 Connecting your shop to Shopgate
- Go back to the pop-up window at your Shopgate merchant page (step 4). Paste the URL you copied from the previous chapter to the text field at 3. Enter URL. Click connect to establish the interface.
- If a connection is made successfully, a popup shown below will open. Here you will be able to assign jobs for your first connection. We recommend to leave all assignments to ON at this time. Click Save.
- Congratulations! Now you should see the progress bar running, and the Shopgate backend automatically filling your mobile shop with your products. Depending on how many products you have, the import process can take anywhere from a few minutes to a few hours. You can always check the status of the imports. If no status bar is shown, it means either the import is finished, or no import is running at the moment.
Welcome to the mobile world :)
3. Updating an existing Shopgate plugin
To update the Shopgate plugin, you will need to update your store. Then the Shopgate plugin will be updated automatically.
4. Configuring the plugin
Find the detailed explanations under each option on the configuration page.
4.1 Main Settings
|Turn on||Check the box if you want to activate the plugin.|
|Client number||This is the Customer number provided to you at your Shopgate Admin page.|
|Shop number||This is the Shop number provided to you at your Shopgate Admin page.|
|API Key||This is the API key provided to you at your Shopgate Admin page.|
Set your plugin mode to Production to export products from your live shop. Choose Test if you have a test shop, and just want to test the Shopgate plugin.
|Shop's country||Choose the country of your shop.|
4.2 Mobile shop address settings
|Alias||This is the Alias provided to you at your Shopgate Admin page.|
|Custom domain||A CNAME is a subdomain of your own domain that points to your mobile website. It may look like this: m.myshop.com. If you don't already have one, you will need to configure this on your server.|
4.3 Product export settings
|Product description||Select the type of product description you want to display in your mobile shop: short description only, full description, or both.|
4.4 Delivery and payment settings
|Default delivery||Select default delivery which will appear with Shopgate orders at SOTE.|
|Default delivery provider||Select default delivery provider which will appear with Shopgate orders at SOTE.|
|Payment types||Link the payment methods you use at Shopgate and in SOTE.|
|Interface Address||Copy the whole URL to paste to your Shopgate Admin page to connect the plugin.|
5. Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
5.1 What should I do if mobile redict doesn't work?
If your mobile redirect doesn't work, please help the other SOTE users and yourself by reporting this issue to SOTE.
5.2 What should I do if import doesn't work?
If product and/or category import doesn't work for your shop, contact Shopgate customer service. If the problem still persists, please help the other SOTE users and yourself by reporting this issue to SOTE.