With PayPal Website Payments Pro and Shopgate, you are able to accept the following types of payment from the available countries:
In this article, you will find out how to set up PayPal Website Payments Pro as a credit card payment method for your app and mobile website.
How to set up
To set up PayPal Website Payments Pro as a credit card payment method, please complete the following steps:
- Log in to your Shopgate Admin and navigate to Settings → Payment.
- Find Add payment method section, search for PayPal Website Payments Pro, and select it under Credit Card.
- In the pop-up window, click Approve now. You will be temporarily redirected to PayPal's website.
- Click Grant Permission to successfully add PayPal to accept your customer's payments at Shopgate. You will then be returned to the payment configuration page in step 3.
- Your PayPal Website Payments Pro configuration window will open. Please enter your Transaction Type and select the credit card types that are configured on your PayPal Website Payments Pro account. Your account information will be validated automatically.
What information is needed?
To connect your PayPal Website Payments Pro account, you need the following information:
- Transaction Type
- Supported credit card types
For more assistance, read Understanding additional fees of a payment
Where can I find the required information?
- Please select the Transaction Type that is used in your shopping cart systems
- Supported credit card types in United States are Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express. For UK accounts, Visa (including Visa Electron and Visa Debit), MasterCard, and Maestro (including Switch) are accepted. For more info, please visit PayPal Developer Guide.