Provide more credit card payment options for your shop and your customers with PayPal Website Payments Pro. Please note that this is currently only available in the US.
To accept payments with normal PayPal, please read this article.
Setting it up
To set up PayPal Website Payments Pro as a credit card payment method, please complete the following steps:
- Log in to your Shopgate Admin and navigate to Settings → Payment.
- Find the "Add payment method" section. Search for PayPal Website Payments Pro and select it under "Credit Card."
- In the pop-up window, click Approve now. You will be temporarily redirected to PayPal's website.
- Click Grant Permission to successfully add PayPal to accept your customer's payments at Shopgate. You will then be returned to the payment configuration page in step 3.
- Your PayPal Website Payments Pro configuration window will open. Please enter your Transaction Type and select the credit card types that are configured on your PayPal Website Payments Pro account. Your account information will be validated automatically.
What information is needed?
To connect your PayPal Website Payments Pro account, you need the following information listed below.
- Transaction Type
- Supported credit card type
For more assistance, please read Setting up additional fees and discounts of a payment.
Where can I find the required information?
- Please select the Transaction Type that is used in your shopping cart system.
- Supported credit card types in United States are Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express.
- For UK accounts, Visa (including Visa Electron and Visa Debit), MasterCard, and Maestro (including Switch) are accepted.
- For more information, please visit the PayPal Developer Guide.