You may need to add several lines of code for the Shopgate plugin to work properly. These systems include, but may not be limited to:
- xt:Commerce 3
- xt:Commerce 4 (VEYTON)
- Gambio (Version 2.0.6 and earlier)
- Zen Cart
- modified eCommerce
Although it sounds complicated, this process can actually be finished in three very easy steps--no technical background required!
What access do I need?
You will need to have login credentials to your shop's FTP server. These include:
In addition, you should have permissions to edit files in your shop's backend.
Which software should I use?
You need an FTP client tool to modify codes in your shopping cart's backend files.
In our examples, an FTP program called FileZilla is used. However, any FTP program would work.
What are the steps?
Below is an example of how to modify codes in the osCommerce system. However, the same steps apply to all the other systems.
Step 1: Open the files.
- Connect the FTP program to your shop's FTP server.
- When connected, navigate to the file(s) in your shop's backend. In the screenshot, the FTP server is labeled as Remote site.
- Right-click on the file you need to modify, and select View/Edit.
Step 2: Make your changes.
- Paste the codes to the file in the specified line(s).
To find out which lines of code need to be added to which files, refer to the instructions of your shopping cart system.
- Click Save to save the changes and close the text file. Your FTP program will auto-detect the changes.
Step 3: Upload the files back to the server.
- Now go back to your FTP program and wait for a pop-up window labeled "File has changed" to open.
- Click Yes to confirm the changes and upload the file back to the server.
Now the changes have been successfully made for this file. Repeat the same process for other files if needed.