|Available for the following platforms:|
|Shopgate Connect||*✘||Shopgate Go||✔|
xt:Commerce is a shopping cart system at Shopgate.
By setting up the Shopgate plugin for your xt:Commerce VEYTON shop, you will get these wonderful features straight into your mobile shop and apps:
|Supported Version||Import to xt:Commerce|
|4.0.12 +, 5.0.00 +||Orders||✔|
|Sync||Export to Shopgate Mobile Shop|
|Delivery Status "Shipped"
Order Status "Canceled"
Stock Quantity, on Product Detail Page
|Customer Account||Validate, upon Cart Changes|
|Login with Desktop Shop Account
Login to Desktop Shop with Mobile Account
Customer Groups / Tier Pricing
Show Desktop Orders on Mobile
✔ / ✔
|Prepayment, Invoice, Cash on Delivery, Direct Debit, PayPal||N/A|
In this article, you will find everything you need to set up the Shopgate plugin for your xt:Commerce VEYTON shop.
Install the Shopgate plugin
The Shopgate plugin for xt:Commerce VEYTON can be installed in all xt:Commerce shop starting from version 4.0.12. Simply upload the plugin to your xt:Commerce VEYTON folder and activate it in your xt:Commerce VEYTON admin. To do this, follow the steps below:
Download the plugin
Download the latest plugin file "shopgate-veyton-integration.zip" on this page and extract the contents of the zip file.
Upload the plugin
You need an FTP client tool to copy the plugin into your xt:Commerce shop. Plenty of FTP programs can be found on the internet. In this article, we are using FileZilla.
- Connect FileZilla or another FTP program to your server.
- Navigate to the Shopgate plugin you just extracted from the previous step. Drag the entire folder xt_shopgate to a subfolder called plugins in your shop. When asked, choose to overwrite files and folders.
Set permissions for the folders config and temp that are located in /includes/external/shopgate/shopgate_library to readable and writeable (664*). Set the options exactly as it is shown below. Click OK.
Install the plugin
- Log into your shop’s backend.
- Navigate to Plugins → plugins uninstalled in the menu to the left. Look for the Shopgate Mobile Shopping plugin under "modul class: mobile". Click the green icon to the right to install the Shopgate plugin.
- If installed correctly, the following screen will be displayed. Click close window to close this dialog.
- Go back to plugins installed tab and locate the Shopgate plugin under "modul class: mobile". If you don't see the Shopgate plugin, refresh the page.
- The plugin status will show as (inactive). Click on the edit button to open the configuration page (shown below) for the Shopgate plugin. Leave this page open - we will explain how to find the required info in the next chapters.
After the Shopgate plugin has been installed successfully, two simple tasks need to be done to connect your mobile shop at Shopgate to your shop's backend: to enter API credentials in your shop's backend, and to enter your shop's URL in your Shopgate's admin page.
Get API credentials
- Log in to your Shopgate Admin and navigate to Integration → Shop Interface.
- In the drop-down labeled Select a system, type veyton and select xt:Commerce VEYTON (VEYTON).
- A popup opens. Look for Customer number, Shop number, API key, and Alias under 2. Configure. These are the API credentials the plugin needs to be authenticated at the Shopgate backend. Leave this page open - we will come back to enter the URL (explained in 2.2 Establishing connection)
- Copy Customer number, Shop number, API key, and Alias, and paste them individually onto the plugin configuration page you left open from the last chapter. Check the box for plugin status, and set Enable to yes. The rest of the options can be configured later (Explained in Chapter 4. Configuring the Plugin). Click Save.
Connect your shop to Shopgate
- Go back to the page you left open in your Shopgate Admin (Integration → Shop Interface → Actions → Edit).
- Enter your shop's URL in the text field Enter URL.
- Click connect to establish the interface.
- If a connection is made successfully, a popup will open. Here you will be able to assign jobs to your first connection. Leave all assignments to ON to access all the import and export features.
- Click Save.
Congratulations! Now you should see the progress bar running. This means that Shopgate is automatically filling your mobile shop with your products. Depending on how many products you have, the import process can take anywhere from a few minutes to a few hours. Welcome to the mobile world 😊
Update an existing plugin
To update your Shopgate plugin to a newer version, you need to uninstall the current version of the plugin and install the new version.
- Log into your shop’s backend. Navigate to Plugin → plugins installed in the menu to the left. Look for the Shopgate Mobile Shopping plugin under "modul class: mobile".
- Click the red icon to the right to uninstall the Shopgate plugin.
- Refer to Chapter 1 to install the latest version of the plugin.
Configure the plugin
Find the detailed explanations under each option. Click here to find out where the configuration page is.
Set the plugin status to be checked when using the Shopgate plugin, and leave the rest as is.
|Custom URL to mobile webpage (CNAME)||A CNAME is a subdomain of your own domain that points to your mobile website. Usually, that’s something like m.myawesomeshop.com. You’ll have to configure this on your server.|
|Shopgate server||Choose between the “Live” or the “Playground” Shopgate servers for API communication. Alternatively, you can provide a “Custom” Shopgate API URL.|
|Custom Shopgate server URL||If you chose “Custom” in the drop-down menu box above, provide a custom URL to the Shopgate API here.|
|Products description||Choose from the short description, the long description or a combination of both to be used for exporting your products to Shopgate.|
|Order status - ready for delivery||Set the status to be assigned to incoming Shopgate orders that are not blocked for shipping.|
|Order status - shipping blocked||Set the status to be assigned to incoming Shopgate orders that are blocked for shipping.|
|Order status - canceled||Select the status you set on orders that have been canceled. This is used to synchronize the cancellation status of orders with Shopgate.|
|Order status - shipped||Select the status you set on orders that have been shipped. This is used to synchronize the shipping status of orders with Shopgate.|
|Default user group for special pricing||Choose the user group products will be exported for to Shopgate. This mainly regards the pricing of your products.|
|Send Shopgate order confirmation mail||Choose yes to have a mail sent to the customer after an incoming Shopgate order has successfully been imported.|
Frequently Asked Questions
My Veyton Shop uses an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) System. Would that be a problem?
When an external Enterprise Resource Planning System (e.g. Pixi) is used, it's possible that incoming orders may not sync properly. If you notice that orders you marked as "shipped" are not marked the same in your Shopgate backend, please contact your support team. This may be resolved easily.
My Veyton Shop uses 3rd party plugins. Will this cause any issues?
If you are extending you shopping cart system with other plugins, it's possible that you will encounter issues for exporting products and importing orders. For issues caused by 3rd party plugins, special adaptions from the Shopgate Interface Development may be necessary (at a cost).
Which plugins are supported at Shopgate?
At the moment, Shopgate supports the following Veyton plugins: "Options- und Freitext"-Plugin starting from version 2.4.0 with friendly support from Business und Internetagentur Hinsche GmbH.
Incorrect information is displayed on my Veyton backend. What should I do?
If you use a Veyton version older than v2.4.0, it's possible that orders are not transferred correctly to your shop system. This is due to Veyton's database modifications.
Please check the table xt_orders_status_history, where you should see the following columns:
The column "customer_show_comment" is only available in a newer version but is important to make sure every order will be imported into your Shop backend.
Why doesn't my mobile redirect work?
Please check the following configurations for your Shopgate plugin:
- Plugin Status needs to be selected (see 3 in the screenshot).
- Enable needs to be true (see 4 in the screenshot).
All settings are configured as described but the plugin still doesn't work. What should I do?
Use a Veyton version before 4.0.14? If this is the case, an extension called Hookpoint needs to be applied to your shop system. This extension was only introduced in version 4.0.14. However, if you wish, our technical team can make this adjustment for your at your own risk. We simply need to access the file system of your online shop, for example, via FTP.
An error appears in the Shopgate settings "requires the ionCube PHP Loader"
To correct this error, copy the file php.ini from your shop backend to folder plugins/xt_shopgate/pages.
*The plugin is no longer actively developed by Shopgate and is therefore no longer adapted to new versions. You are welcome to submit new features, changes or bug fixes via GitHub.