Shopgate supports PrestaShop as a shopping cart system.
By setting up the Shopgate plugin for your PrestaShop, you will receive these features straight into your apps and mobile website:
|Supported Version||Import to PrestaShop|
22.214.171.124+, 126.96.36.199+, 188.8.131.52+, 184.108.40.206
|Sync||Export to Shopgate Mobile Shop|
Delivery Status "Shipped"
Related Products, Upsell & Cross-sell
|Customer Account||Validate, upon Cart Changes|
Login with Desktop Shop Account
✔ / ✔
Shopgate, PayPal, Cash on Delivery, Prepayment
The payment validation feature allows you to offer specific payment options to targeted carts and customers. The availability of this feature depends on your PrestaShop settings. To enable this feature, please contact Shopgate Support.
For versions earlier than 1.7.x.x, it is possible that the base prices are calculated incorrectly in certain configurations which can cause issues with Shopgate system. To correct this issue, please update your PrestaShop version to 1.7.x.x or higher.
In this article, you will find the instructions to set up the Shopgate plugin for your PrestaShop.
Install the Shopgate plugin
The Shopgate plugin for PrestaShop can be installed in all PrestaShop versions starting from 1.4. To do this, please follow the steps below:
- Download the plugin here: shopgate-prestashop-integration.zip
- Log into your PrestaShop admin panel. In the main menu, click Modules/Modules to see a list of your installed plugins. Click Add a module.
- In the pop-up, click Choose a file and select the plugin file prestashop.zip that was downloaded from step 1. Click Upload this module.
- After the module is uploaded, you will receive a success notification, and the module will appear in the Plugin List.
- Locate the Shopgate plugin by searching for "Shopgate" from the plugin list. Make sure to set permissions 774 for the folder /modules/shopgate/vendors/shopgate_library/temp and all its underlying folders. If you encounter an error when installing the plugin, set the permissions to 777. Click Install.
- Once installed, continue to set up the module by clicking Configure. This will open the Shopgate plugin configuration page. Leave this page open - we will explain how to find the required info in the later chapters.
Establish a connection
After the Shopgate plugin has been installed successfully, two simple tasks need to be completed to connect your mobile shop at Shopgate to your shop's backend: first, you must enter your API credentials into your shop's backend. Then, you must enter your shop's URL in your Shopgate's admin page.
Get API credentials
- Log in to your Shopgate Admin page.
- Click Integration from the menu bar, then select Install Interface.
- In the drop-down labeled "Select system," search for "PrestaShop", and select it.
- A pop-up opens. Copy Customer number, Shop number, API key, and Alias and paste them individually onto the plugin configuration page you left open from step 6 above. Click Save.
The rest of the plugin configurations can be entered later. This is explained in Configuring the Plugin.
Connect your shop to Shopgate
- Go back to the pop-up window at your Shopgate Admin page (step 4).
- Under 3. Enter URL, enter the URL of your shop. Click Connect to establish the interface.
- If a connection is made successfully, the popup shown below will open. Here you will be able to assign jobs for your first connection. We recommend leaving all assignments to ON at this time. Click Save.
- That's it! Now the Shopgate backend will automatically start to import product data via the newly established interface.
Update an existing plugin
Before updating your Shopgate plugin to a newer version, make sure to check if your shop uses a customized version of the Shopgate plugin. If this is the case, a generic plugin update will not work for your shop.
You are using a customized version if:
- You have contacted Shopgate for making a third party plugin to work in your mobile shop, or for adding a special feature/function.
- Shopgate has sent you an adapted version of plugin.
- The plugin file you installed has "adaption" in its name.
Once you know if you are using a customized Shopgate plugin or not, follow the instructions below to update it:
To update your Shopgate plugin, follow Chapter 1 to install the Shopgate plugin.
Please email Shopgate with the following details each time before updating, then follow chapter 1 to install your customized plugin.
Configure the Plugin
You can configure the Shopgate Module in your Prestashop backend by clicking Configure on the Shopgate plugin in your Modules list.
The configuration page will appear.
|API URL (read-only)||This URL is provided to you by Shopgate. When asked, simply copy and paste it in your Shopgate admin area.|
|Currency||Choose the currency for your products.|
|Customer Number||This is your Shopgate customer number explained in chapter 2.1.|
|Shop Number||This is your Shopgate shop number explained in chapter 2.1.|
|API Key||This is your Shopgate API key explained in chapter 2.1.|
|Language||Choose the language of your store.|
|Subscribe mobile customer to newsletter||Automatically add new mobile customers to your newsletter subscriber list.|
|Cancelation status||Please choose the status that corresponds to the "canceled" status in your PrestaShop backend.|
|(Carrier name here)||You will see a complete list of shipping carriers used in your Prestashop backend. Please map the carriers by selecting a Shopgate-supported carrier from the drop-down. This will make sure that your mobile orders being imported accordingly.|
|Environment||Please set to Live. Only set to Test for testing purposes.|
|Alias||Your Shopgate Alias. For example, if set to "my-shop", your mobile URL will redirect to www.my-shop.shopgate.com.|
|CNAME||The CNAME you registered at your domain provider, e.g. m.my-shop.com.|
|Root category export||If your Base Categories don't get exported, set this to Yes and start a new import in the merchant area of Shopgate.|
|Product description export||Select the product description type you want.|
|Price type||Select net or gross.|
|Mobile carrier||Select the mobile carrier you want your mobile shop to be connected to. This is used for cart validation.|
Frequently Asked Questions
I see an error that says "Permission denied." What should I do?
If you see the error "mkdir: Permission denied" similar to the graphic below, you need to check and set folder permissions.
Follow the steps here:
- Uninstall the Shopgate plugin in the Prestashop backend.
- Go to folder "/modules/shopgate/vendors/shopgate_library/temp" and set permission to at least 774 to this folder and all its subfolders.
- Install the Shopgate plugin again.
Now the error should go away. If the error remains, try to set the permission to 777.
Orders won't show in my PrestaShop backend. What should I do?
If you run a German shop and you use a third party plugin called "eu-legal" (from the company "Silbersaiten") in your PrestaShop, you might have trouble getting your mobile orders to your PrestaShop backend.
If this is the case, please email your Shopgate support at email@example.com. Our developers can help.