Shopgate supports PrestaShop as a shopping cart system.
By setting up the Shopgate plugin for your PrestaShop, you will get these wonderful features straight into your mobile apps and website:
|Supported Version||Import to PrestaShop|
184.108.40.206+, 220.127.116.11+, 18.104.22.168+
|Sync||Export to Shopgate Mobile Shop|
Delivery Status "Shipped"
Related Products, Upsell & Cross-sell
|Customer Account||Validate, upon Cart Changes|
Login with Desktop Shop Account
✔ / ✔
Payment MethodNew feature!
Shopgate, PayPal, Cash on Delivery, Prepayment
New feature! The payment validation feature allows you to offer specific payment options to targeted carts and customers. The availability of this feature depends on your PrestaShop settings. To enable this feature, please contact Shopgate Support.
In this article, you will find the instructions to set up the Shopgate plugin for your PrestaShop.
Topics covered in this article:
- Installing the Shopgate Plugin
- Establishing connection between plugin and Shopgate
- Updating an existing Shopgate plugin
- Configuring the Plugin
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
1. Installing the Shopgate plugin
The Shopgate plugin for PrestaShop can be installed in all PrestaShop versions starting from 1.4. To do this, please follow the steps below:
- Download the plugin here: http://files.shopgate.com/plugins/prestashop.zip
- Log into your PrestaShop admin panel. In the main menu, click on Modules / Modules to see a list of your installed plugins. Click on Add a module.
- In the pop-up, click on Choose a file, and select the plugin file prestashop.zip downloaded from step 1. Click on Upload this module.
- After the module is uploaded, you will receive a success notification and the module will appear in the Plugin List.
- Locate the Shopgate plugin by searching for "Shopgate" from the plugin list. Make sure to set permissions 774 for the folder "/modules/shopgate/vendors/shopgate_library/temp" and all its underlying folders. If you encounter an error when installing the plugin, set the permissions to 777. Click Install.
- Once installed, continue to set up the module by clicking Configure. This will open the Shopgate plugin configuration page. Leave this page open - we will explain how to find the required info in the later chapters.
2. Establishing connection between the plugin and Shopgate
After the Shopgate plugin has been installed successfully, 2 simple tasks need to be done to connect your mobile shop at Shopgate to your shop's backend: to enter API credentials in your shop's backend, and to enter your shop's URL in your Shopgate's admin page.
2.1 Getting API credentials
- Log in to your Shopgate Admin page.
- Click on Integration from the menu bar, then select Install Interface.
- In the drop-down labeled Select system, search for PrestaShop, and select it.
- A popup opens. Copy Customer number, Shop number, API key, and Alias and paste them individually onto the plugin configuration page you left open from step 6 above. Click Save.
The rest of the plugin configurations can be entered later. This is explained in Chapter 4. Configuring the Plugin.
2.2 Connecting your shop to Shopgate
- Go back to the pop-up window at your Shopgate Admin page (step 4).
- Under 3. Enter URL, enter the URL of your shop. Click connect to establish the interface.
- If a connection is made successfully, a popup shown below will open. Here you will be able to assign jobs for your first connection. We recommend leaving all assignments to ON at this time. Click Save.
- That's it! Now the Shopgate backend will automatically start to import product data via the newly established interface.
3. Updating an existing Shopgate plugin
3.1 Checking for custom adaption
Before updating your Shopgate plugin to a newer version, make sure to check if your shop uses a customized version of the Shopgate plugin. If this is the case, a generic plugin update will NOT work for your shop.
To check if your plugin is customized...
You are using a customized version if
If your shop uses a customized Shopgate plugin...
Please email Shopgate each time before updating with the following details:
3.2 Updating the plugin
To update your Shopgate plugin, follow Chapter 1 to install the Shopgate plugin. Make sure to update to a customized version of Shopgate plugin, if your plugin has been customized.
Note: do NOT uninstall the current module. Install the latest version "on top" of your current module to keep your current configurations.
4. Configuring the Plugin in PrestaShop
You can configure the Shopgate Module in your Prestashop backend by clicking on the Configure button on the Shopgate plugin in your Modules list.
The configuration page will appear.
|API URL (read only)||This URL is provided to you by Shopgate. When asked, simply copy it and paste in your Shopgate admin area.|
|Currency||Choose the currency for your products.|
|Customer Number||This is your Shopgate customer number explained in chapter 2.1.|
|Shop Number||This is your Shopgate shop number explained in chapter 2.1.|
|API Key||This is your Shopgate API key explained in chapter 2.1.|
|Language||Choose the language of your store.|
|Subscribe mobile customer to newsletter||Automatically add new mobile customers to your newsletter subscriber list?|
|Cancelation status||Please choose the status that corresponds to the "canceled" status in your PrestaShop backend.|
|(Carrier name here)||You will see a complete list of shipping carriers used in your Prestashop backend. Please map the carriers by selecting a Shopgate-supported carrier from the drop-down. This will make sure that your mobile orders being imported accordingly.|
|Environment||Please set to “Live”. Only set to "Test" for testing purposes.|
|Alias||Your Shopgate Alias. For example, if set to "my-shop", your mobile URL will redirect to www.my-shop.shopgate.com|
|CNAME||The CNAME you registered at your domain provider, e.g. m.my-shop.com|
|Root category export||If your Base Categories don't get exported, set this to “Yes” and start a new import in the merchant area of Shopgate.|
|Product description export||Select the product description type you want.|
|Price type||Select net or gross.|
|Mobile carrier||Select the mobile carrier you want your mobile shop to be connected to. This is used for cart validation.|
5. Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
5.1 I see an error "Permission denied". What should I do?
If you see the error "mkdir: Permission denied" similar to this one below, you need to check and set folder permissions.
Follow the steps here:
- Uninstall the Shopgate plugin in the Prestashop backend.
- Go to folder "/modules/shopgate/vendors/shopgate_library/temp" and set permission to at least 774 to this folder and all its subfolders.
- Install the Shopgate plugin again.
Now the error should go away. If the error remains, try to set the permission to 777.
5.2 Orders won't show in my PrestaShop backend. What should I do?
If you run a German shop and you use a 3rd party plugin called "eu-legal" (from the company "Silbersaiten") in your PrestaShop, you might have trouble getting your mobile orders to your PrestaShop backend.
If this is the case, please email your Shopgate support at email@example.com. Our developers can help.