In this article, you will find out how to create an app and mobile website from your Shopware 3.5 desktop shop. For instructions on Shopware version 4 and newer, please read this article instead.
With Shopware 3.5 and Shopgate, you are able to create your app and mobile website with the following features:
Import to Shopware
Login with Desktop Shop Account
Export to Shopgate Mobile Shop
Delivery Status "Shipped"
Validate, upon Cart Changes
Tier pricing function will come soon.
Install the Shopgate Plugin
The Shopgate plugin for Shopware 3.5 can be installed in all Shopware 3 versions starting from 3.5.0. To do this, please follow the steps below:
- Download the plugin via this link.
- Log in to your Shopware admin backend. In the main menu, click Configuration → Plugins.
- In the plugin manager, select Plugins hinzufügen (1). Click the upload file button (2), select the zip file you just downloaded, and click Start (3). The Shopgate Plugin will now be transferred to your Shopware shop.
- When successfully uploaded, a message that reads "Upload erfolgreich!" appears. Now go to Community Plugins, select Backend (1), and click the Install button for the Shopgate plugin (2). You will be asked if you really want to install this plugin, select Ja.
- Installation is finished when a message that reads "Das Plugin wurde erfolgreich installiert" pops up. Click OK. Now a new tab that reads "Plugin (Shopgate - mobile Shopping)" appears. Leave this page open - we will explain how to find the required info in the next chapter.
After the Shopgate plugin has been installed successfully, two simple tasks need to be done to connect your mobile shop at Shopgate to your shop's backend: to enter API credentials in your shop's backend, and to enter your shop's URL in your Shopgate's admin page.
Find API credentials
- Log in to your Shopgate Admin and navigate to Integration → Install Interface.
- In the drop-down labeled "Select a system," search for "Shopware 3.5.x" and select it.
- A pop-up will open. Look for Customer number, Shop number, API key, and Alias under 2. Configure. These are the API credentials the plugin needs to be authenticated at the Shopgate backend. Leave this page open - we will come back to enter the URL
- Copy Customer number, Shop number, API key, and Alias, and paste them individually into the plugin configuration page you left open from the last chapter. Set both "Aktiv" options to Ja. The rest of the options can be configured later (explained in Configure the Plugin). Click Speichern to save.
Connect your shop to Shopgate
- Go back to the pop-up window at your Shopgate merchant page.
- Under 3. Enter URL, enter the URL of your shop, ideally starting with “https://”. For example: https://www.MyAwesomeShop.com. Click Connect to establish the interface.
- If a connection is made successfully, the pop-up shown below will open. Leave all assignments to ON and click Save.
That's it! Now the Shopgate backend will automatically start to import product data via the newly established interface. Welcome to the mobile world!
Update an existing plugin
Download the plugin via this link.
Log in to your Shopware admin backend. In the main menu, click Configuration → Plugins.
In the plugin manager, select Plugins hinzufügen (1). Click Upload file (2), select the zip file you just downloaded, and click Start (3). The Shopgate Plugin will now be transferred to your Shopware shop.
- After the plugin manager is loaded, select the tab labeled Verfügbare Plugins, and click Bearbeiten to save all the current settings to somewhere else (Notes, or any text editing software).
- When successfully uploaded, a message that reads "Upload erfolgreich!" appears. Now go to Community Plugins, select Backend (1), and click the Install button for the Shopgate plugin (2). You will be asked if you really want to install this plugin. Select Ja.
- When successfully uploaded, a message reading "Upload erfolgreich!" appears. Now go to Community Plugins and select Backend (1) and click Uninstall for the Shopgate plugin (2). Wait for the Uninstall button to read Install again, then click on it to install the newest version of the Shopgate plugin.
- After the new plugin is installed, configure the plugin again with the data you saved before the uninstallation. This finishes the update.
Configure the Plugin
In the configuration panel, you are able to configure the plugin further.
|Active||Select Yes to activate the Shopgate plugin for your shop.|
|Customer Number||This is your Shopgate Customer number. See Chapter 2.1 for more information.|
|Shop Number||This is your Shopgate Shop number. See Chapter 2.1 for more information.|
|API Key||This is your Shopgate API Key. See Chapter 2.1 for more information.|
|Alias||This is your Shopgate Alias. See Chapter 2.1 for more information.|
|CNAME||A CNAME is a subdomain of your own domain that points to your mobile website. For example, a CNAME could look like "m.myshop.com". To configure a CNAME, please log on to your server hosting website. For more information, please read our help article Add a CNAME record in your domain host.|
|Order status if shipping is not blocked||Set order status to Offen if shipping is not blocked.|
|Source for importing shipping methods||Select Zuordnung zu Shopgate-Versandart if you want to send all possible shipping methods for the current cart to your mobile website within the check_cart request.|
|Shipping method||Select a fixed shipping method for Shopgate orders.|
|Export premium shipping costs||Select Yes to export premium shipping costs|
|Language||Select a language for your shopgate plugin.|
|Send customer an order email||Allow Shopware to send an email notification for each new order imported from Shopgate.|
|EAN Attribute Number||Enter the EAN Attribute Number here, if applicable.|
|Attribute ID's for product export||All attribute IDs will be exported in the property section of the product, format e.g. 3 for attr3|
|Server||Do not change this setting unless instructed by your Shopgate support personnel.|
|Server URL||Do not change this setting unless instructed by your Shopgate support personnel.|
Frequently Asked Questions
Why is "generic payment" displayed instead of SOFORT Überweisung/Paypal/Credit card?
Payment methods that could not be automatically assigned from the Shopgate plugin will be listed as "Generic Payment."
Why couldn't my orders transfer from Shopware to plentyMarkets ERP system?
If you use plentyMarkets ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) system in your Shopware Shopping Cart System, it is a known issue that Shopgate orders may not be transferred correctly.
To fix it, please make the following changes to the "plentyMarket Connector Module" in your Shopware settings:
- Navigate to Settings →plentymarkets.
- On plentymarket's configuration page, click the Settings tab.
- Look for "Shopgate Zahlungsart(en)" under the section titled "Export Aufträge."
- In the text field, select Generische Zahlungsart von Shopgate - Greift, wenn keine passende Zahlungsart gefunden wurde and Shopgate Zahlungsart - Der Zahlungsfluss läuft über das Shopgate-Konto.