Shopgate supports Shopware as a shopping cart system.
By setting up the Shopgate plugin for your Shopware (version 4 and 5) shop, you will get these wonderful features straight into your mobile shop and apps:
|Supported Version||Import to PrestaShop|
Shopware 4 and 5
|Sync||Export to Shopgate Mobile Shop|
Delivery Status "Shipped"
Related Products, Upsell & Cross-sell
|Customer Account||Validate, upon Cart Changes|
Login with Desktop Shop Account
✔ / ✔
Shopgate, PayPal, PayPal Plus, Cash on Delivery, Prepayment, Invoice, Direct Debit, Billsafe, Sofort Überweising, Amazon Payments, Paymorrow (Invoice), Payolution
Up-sell products and DHL module supported.
Product and brand searches done in a search engine on a mobile device are now redirected to the shop's mobile website.
* Shopgate coupons will NOT work when using the DHL module. Regular shop coupons are not affected and will continue to work on the desktop and the mobile sites.
** The payment validation feature allows you to offer specific payment options to targeted carts and customers. The availability of this feature depends on your PrestaShop settings.
In this article, you will find the instructions to set up the Shopgate plugin for your Shopware 4 and 5 shop.
Topics covered in this article:
- Installing the Shopgate Extension
- Establishing connection between the plugin and the Shopgate system
- Updating an existing Shopgate plugin
- Configuring the Plugin
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
1. Installing the Shopgate Extension
Installing the Shopgate extension for your Shopware shop is fast and easy!
- Simply go to this link and get the Shopgate extension by clicking Add to shopping cart. This extension is completely free for our Shopgate users.
- Finish the checkout process. Log in with your Shopware ID and password, if you are not logged in yet.
- Install the extension by following the instructions.
That's it! Now the Shopgate extension has been installed in your Shopware shop.
2. Establishing connections between the plugin and Shopgate
After the Shopgate plugin has been installed successfully, 2 simple tasks need to be done to connect your Shopgate mobile shop to your Shopware backend:
- entering API credentials in your shop's backend, and
- entering your shop's URL in your Shopgate's admin page.
2.1 Getting API credentials
- Log in to your Shopgate Admin page.
- Click on Integration from the menu bar, then select Install Interface.
- In the drop-down labeled Select system, search for Shopware 4.x and select it.
- A popup opens. Look for Customer number, Shop number, API key, and Alias under 2. Configure. These are the API credentials the plugin needs to authenticate at the Shopgate backend. Leave this page open - we will come back to enter the URL (explained in 2.2 Establishing connection)
- Copy Customer number, Shop number, API key, and Alias, and paste them individually onto the plugin configuration page in your Shopware Admin (Configuration -> Plugin Manager -> Shopgate Extension Settings). The rest of the options can be configured later. This is explained in Chapter 4. Configuring the Plugin). Click Save plugin settings.
2.2 Connecting your shop to Shopgate
- Go back to the pop-up window at your Shopgate merchant page (step 4).
- Under "3. Enter URL", enter the URL of your shop, ideally starting with “https://”. For example https://www.MyAwesomeShop.com. Click connect to establish the interface.
- If a connection is made successfully, a popup shown below will open. Here you will be able to assign jobs for your first connection. We recommend leaving all assignments to ON at this time. Click Save.
- That's it! Now the Shopgate backend will automatically start to import product data via the newly established interface. And welcome to the mobile world :)
3. Updating an existing Shopgate plugin
3.1 Checking for custom adaption
Before updating your Shopgate plugin to a newer version, make sure to check if your shop uses a customized version of the Shopgate plugin. If this is the case, a generic plugin update will NOT work for your shop.
To check if your plugin is customized...
You are using a customized version if
If your shop uses a customized Shopgate plugin...
Please email Shopgate each time before updating with the following details:
3.2 Updating the plugin
To update a customized Shopgate plugin, follow chapter 1 to install it manually.
To update a generic Shopgate plugin, follow the steps here:
- Download the latest plugin and upload it to your Shopware Admin.
- After a newer version of the plugin is successfully uploaded, a new button will appear in the Action(s) section. Click on it to update the plugin automatically.
- If no update button appears, save your current Shopgate plugin configurations somewhere else, and click on the Reinstall plugin button. Afterwards, you need to configure the plugin again with the data you saved before the reinstall.
4. Configuring the Plugin in Shopware
In the configuration panel of your Shopware Admin (Configuration -> Plugin Manager -> Shopgate Extension Settings), you are able to configure the plugin further.
|Active||Select Yes to activate the Shopgate plugin for your shop.|
|Customer Number||This is your Shopgate Customer number. See Chapter 2.1 for more information.|
|Shop Number||This is your Shopgate Shop number. See Chapter 2.1 for more information.|
|API Key||This is your Shopgate API Key. See Chapter 2.1 for more information.|
|Alias||This is your Shopgate Alias. See Chapter 2.1 for more information.|
|CNAME||A CNAME is a subdomain of your own domain that points to your mobile website. For example, a CNAME could look like "m.myshop.com". To configure a CNAME, please log on to your server hosting website. For more information, please read our help article Adding a CNAME record in your domain host|
|Order status if shipping is not blocked||Set order status to Offen if shipping is not blocked.|
|Source for importing shipping methods||Select Zuordnung zu Shopgate-Versandart if you want to send all possible shipping methods for the current cart to your mobile website within the check_cart request.|
|Shipping method||Select a fixed shipping method for Shopgate orders.|
|Send customer an order email||Allow Shopware to send an email notification for each new order imported from Shopgate|
|Attribute ID's for product export||All attribute ids will be exported in the property section of the product, format e. g. 3 for attr3|
|Server||Do not change this setting unless instructed by your Shopgate support personnel.|
|Server URL||Do not change this setting unless instructed by your Shopgate support personnel.|
5. Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
5.1 Why is "generic payment" displayed instead of SOFORT Überweisung/Paypal/Credit card?
This is because payment methods that could not be automatically assigned from the Shopgate plugin will be listed as "Generic Payment".
5.2 Why couldn't my orders transfer from Shopware to plentyMarkets ERP system?
If you use plentyMarkets ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) system in your Shopware Shopping Cart System, it is a known issue that Shopgate orders may not be transferred correctly.
To fix it, please make the following changes to the "plentyMarket Connector Module" in your Shopware settings:
- Navigate to Settings ->plentyMarkets.
- In plentymarket's configuration page, click Settings tab.
- Look for "Shopgate Zahlungsart(en)" under section"Export Aufträge".
- In the text field, select "Generische Zahlungsart von Shopgate - Greift, wenn keine passende Zahlungsart gefunden wurde" and "Shopgate Zahlungsart - Der Zahlungsfluss läuft über das Shopgate-Konto".
5.3 Why did an order failed to transfer?
This may be caused by the DHL module.
If you use the DHL module in your Shopware backend, an error might occur when a customer uses mobile coupons*. Desktop coupons created via your Shopware backend, however, should not cause this issue.
* Coupons created for the mobile website and/or apps in your Shopgate Admin.
5.4 How to install the Shopgate extension using the zip file?
You can also install the Shopgate extension for Shopware by downloading the zip file via this link then uploading it to your Shopware shop backend:
- Log in to your Shopware admin and navigate to Configuration -> Plugin Manager.
On your Plugin Manager page, select "+ Add plugin manually". A new window will appear. Click Select plugin, select the zip file you just downloaded, and click "Upload plugin" button.
- After the Shopgate plugin has been successfully uploaded, the Shopgate plugin should be listed in the Plugin Manager as inactive. To activate the plugin, click the green "+" button on the right.
A configuration section will open. Check the box "Activate plugin" to activate the Shopgate Plugin.
That's it! Now you have installed the Shopgate plugin for your Shopware shop using the zip file.