BigCommerce is available as a shopping cart system at Shopgate.
By setting up the Shopgate App for your BigCommerce shop, you will get these wonderful features straight into your mobile shop and apps:
|Supported Version||Import to BigCommerce|
|Sync||Export to Shopgate Mobile Shop|
Delivery Status "Shipped"
|Customer Account||Validate, upon Cart Changes|
Login with Desktop Shop Account
✔ / ✔
* Coupons are supported in your mobile shop. However, BigCommerce "Cart-Level Discounts" are not currently supported.
In this article, you will find everything you need to set up the Shopgate App for your BigCommerce shop.
Topics covered in this article:
- Building your mobile shop
- Activating your mobile website
- Customizing options for your mobile shop
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
1. Building your mobile shop
Building the Shopgate mobile website and apps for your BigCommerce shop can be done in as few as 5 clicks!
To do so, follow the steps below:
- Log into your BigCommerce account and search for "Shopgate" in Apps > Marketplace. Click on the Shopgate App to open this lightbox. Click Install.
- Click Confirm to give Shopgate the necessary access to your BigCommerce backend.
- Click "Start Free Trial" to get instant access to Shopgate eCommerce backend - NO INFORMATION IS REQUIRED! If you already have a Shopgate account, click Login instead.
- A big green Hooray page will open - now you have successfully connected Shopgate eCommerce technology to your BigCommerce backend. Click Configure interface to go to your Shopgate eCommerce backend.
- Congratulations! Now you have successfully created a Shopgate mobile shop. Once import finishes (progress bar disappears), you should be able to see your mobile shop filled with products!
Welcome to the mobile world :)
2. Activating your mobile website
To redirect mobile visitors to your mobile website, follow the steps here:
- In your BigCommerce backend navigate to Settings > Advanced Settings > Web Analytics.
- Replace YOUR SHOPGATE SHOP NUMBER HERE (line 4) with your shop number at Shopgate and click Save.
That's it! Now your mobile website will be successfully forwarded.
3. Customizing options for your mobile shop
In your Shopgate app, additional options to customized your mobile shop are provided. To locate the options, follow the steps here:
- In your BigCommerce account, click on Apps then the Shopgate app.
- This will open your Shopgate admin panel. Click on Integration from the menu bar, then select Shop Interface.
- On the Integration page, find your BigCommerce interface and click on Actions > Edit.
- The Settings page will open. Configure the app behaviors with the options provided here. Click Save.
Now the product and order behaviors in your mobile shop have been customized successfully.
4. Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
4.1 Why didn't I see "Start Free Trial" at plugin install?
When the Shopgate App is installed from your BigCommerce App Store, your 14-day free trial will be initiated as soon as you click on the button Start Free Trial.
If you have already started a trial or you are logged in at Shopgate before installing the app, the screen "Start Free Trial" will not show again.
4.2 Is it possible to apply BigCommerce's Option Set Rules in my mobile shop?
Yes! The Shopgate technology can import the Option Set Rules from your BigCommerce backend to your mobile shop. However, since the Option Set Rules cannot be reached through Bigcommerce's API*, we will need access to your Bigcommerce backend.
To do so, please log into your Shopgate admin and enter a username and password to your BigCommerce backend under Integration > Shop Interface > Actions > Edit.
* According to BigCommerce, Option Set Rules are likely to be replaced in the near future.
4.3 How do I update the Shopgate app?
You do not need to update an existing Shopgate app - we will update the app automatically for you.