Amazon Pay is available on Shopgate*.
By setting up Amazon Pay at Shopgate, you are able to accept the following types of payment from the available marketplace:
In this article, you will find everything you need to set up Amazon Pay on your mobile website.
Topics covered in this article:
- Registering an Amazon Pay Merchant account
- Configuring your Amazon Seller Central
- Setting up Amazon Pay at Shopgate
- Finding credentials in Amazon Seller Central
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- 5.1 Can I use my "Checkout by Amazon" account?
- 5.2 Why can't I see Integration settings?
- 5.3 Which transaction type: "Authorize Only" or "Authorize and Capture"?
- 5.4 How do I switch to my "Amazon Pay" account in Seller Central?
- 5.5 What is my merchant URL?
- 5.6 An order is marked "on hold". What does that mean?
- 5.7 My customers can't select Amazon Pay. What should I do?
- 5.8 Why have my orders been canceled automatically?
1. Registering an Amazon Pay Merchant account
To start integrating Amazon Pay at Shopgate, please register for an Amazon Pay Merchant account.
1.1 Before you start
Please collect the following information before you start. Everything listed here is required to register for an Amazon Pay Merchant account.
- A unique email address not associated with any other Amazon account
- Your business name, type of goods or services, sales volume, company registration and ownership information
- Place of establishment (your business address)
- VAT registration details, if your business is VAT-registered
- Credit card number
- Phone number
1.2 Sign up for an account
To register for an Amazon Pay Merchant account, click here. Follow the on-screen instructions until your registration is complete.
German merchants sign up here. For more information, watch this video tutorial or go to the Overview (Germany) page.
1.3 Generate MWS access keys
MWS access keys need to be generated before Amazon Pay can be configured with the Shopgate plugin.
- Log in to the Amazon Seller Central of your country: USA | UK | Germany
- Go to INTEGRATION > MWS Access Key.
- Under Create MWS Account, click the link. Then log in again with your Amazon Pay account credentials.
- Select the first option "I want to access my own Amazon seller account with MWS." to make sure that you register the MWS Access Key for your own account. Click Next, read and accept the license agreement, and click Next again.
- Now the AWS Access Key ID, Secret Key, and the Merchant ID are presented to you on the congratulations page. You can always review the key information at Amazon Seller Central under Integration > MWS Access Key.
2. Configuring your Amazon Seller Central
There are 2 important tasks you need to complete in your Amazon Seller Central: to enter an Integrator URL and to upload a banner image.
Go to Settings > Integration Settings on the top right to open the Integration Settings page.
Note: If "Integration Settings" is not listed, check if you are using the Amazon Pay account.
2.1 Entering Integrator URL
- Under the section Instant Notification Settings, click Edit to the right.
- Enter this URL as the Integrator URL: https://api.shopgate.com/payment/mws_ipns
If your Integrator URL is pre-filled with a different URL, copy and paste it into the text field Merchant URL. Then enter https://api.shopgate.com/payment/mws_ipns as your new Integrator URL.
- Click Update to save the changes.
2.2 Uploading a banner image
Having a banner image will increase conversion rate and add more trust to your shop!
This banner will be automatically resized to 50x150 pixels.
To upload a banner image, look for Pop-up Window Banner on the Integration Settings page. Click Choose File and then Upload.
That's it! You have finished both tasks in your Amazon backend. Continue to the next chapter to finish setting up Amazon Pay at Shopgate.
3. Setting up Amazon Pay at Shopgate
Please follow the steps below to set up Amazon Pay in your mobile shop:
- Log in to your Shopgate Admin.
- Click on Settings from the menu bar, then select Payment. Find Add payment method section, search for Amazon Pay and select it.
- A pop-up window shown below will open. Enter the Merchant ID, MWS Access Key ID, and Secret Access Key in the form (Where to find these credentials?). Select the country of your shop, tell us where you want to display the Amazon button and choose your transaction type. Click Save.
- Follow the instructions here to clear cache in your Shopgate Admin. This will refresh the changes to your Amazon Pay setup.
Congratulations! Amazon Pay is now completely set up and ready to accept payments from your Shopgate mobile users.
4. Finding credentials in Amazon Seller Central
To set up Amazon Pay as a payment method at Shopgate, you will need the Merchant ID, MWS Access Key ID, and the Secret Access Key from your Amazon Seller Central.
4.1 Merchant ID
You can find your Merchant ID by navigating to Settings > Integration Settings on the top right.
4.2 Access Key ID and Secret Access Key
Click on INTEGRATION > MWS Access Key, and look under the table "Access Key ID and Secret Access Key". Your Access Key ID and Secret Access Key are displayed here.
5. Frequently Asked Questions
5.1 Can I use my "Checkout by Amazon" account?
Unfortunately, "Checkout by Amazon" accounts don't have the proper API settings for integration purposes. In order to integrate Amazon Pay as a payment provider at your Shopgate mobile shop, please register an "Amazon Pay" account.
5.2 Why can't I see Integration settings?
Integration settings only show up for "Amazon Pay" accounts. If you're currently working in another account view, please switch to the "Amazon Pay" account view to see integration entries in Settings and on the menu bar.
5.3 Which transaction type should I use: "Authorize Only" or "Authorize and Capture"?
Your transaction type will be set to "Authorize Only" by default. This allows regular "Amazon Pay" accounts to be able to accept bank transfers or similar customer payments. You will only need to confirm shipping of an order to get paid.
"Authorize and Capture" is for those who have applied for this option and have been approved by Amazon. If you are not sure which option is for you, contact Amazon and ask if your account has been white-listed for "Authorize and Capture". When "Authorize and Capture" is selected, you will get paid automatically.
5.4 How do I switch to my "Amazon Pay" account in Seller Central?
Go to your Amazon Seller Central, and look for a drop-down on the top right. If it shows "Checkout by Amazon" or another account name, click on it, and select Amazon Pay from the drop-down.
5.5 What is my Merchant URL?
Many "Amazon Pay" account should already have a merchant URL entered in the settings. However, if this isn't the case, choose one of the following:
- If you have an Integrator URL pre-filled, please copy this URL and paste it into your Merchant URL field. Then enter https://api.shopgate.com/payment/mws_ipns as your new Integrator URL.
- If both of your Merchant URL or Integrator URL are empty, simply leave the Merchant URL empty.
5.6 An order is marked "on hold". What does that mean?
If one or more of your customer's orders show a status of "on hold", you will not be able to confirm shipping on these orders. This indicates that there has been a problem with the order(s). Please contact Shopgate support at email@example.com
5.7 My customers can't select Amazon Pay. What should I do?
If your customers are seeing an error while selecting Amazon Pay in your shop, make sure your Amazon Pay credentials are up-to-date at Shopgate. (Follow Chapter 3)
If the issue persists, try to clear the cache at Shopgate. Show me how?
5.8 Why have my orders been canceled automatically?
If orders paid by Amazon Pay have been canceled automatically, it is highly likely that you have entered your VAT number incorrectly. Please update your VAT number in your Amazon seller account under Settings -> Seller Account Information -> Business and Contact Information -> VAT Agreement.