Braintree is a payment service provider on Shopgate.
By setting up your Braintree account at Shopgate, you will be able to accept the following types of payment from the available marketplace:
In this article, you will find everything you need to set up Braintree as a credit card payment method for your mobile website and apps.
To connect your Braintree account, log on to your Braintree account to look for the following:
- Transaction Type
- Use the same transaction type as configured in your Braintree account. For explanations of the types listed here, refer to this article.
- Merchant ID
- You can find these under Account → My user, then click API Keys under Authorization. Your Public Key will be displayed. To view your Private Key, click View. You should be able to see Public Key, Private Key, and Merchant ID listed:
- Fraud check
- Contact Braintree if you would like to have this feature in your account. To use fraud check in your app and mobile website, turn this option to ON at Shopgate (See next chapter).
- Supported credit cards
- Navigate to Settings → Processing → Processing Options → Merchant Accounts. Here you will be able to find the Accepted Payment Methods.
Set up Braintree at Shopgate
To set up Braintree as a credit card payment provider, please complete the following steps:
- Log in to your Shopgate Admin and navigate to Settings → Payment.
- In section Add payment method, search for Braintree and select it under Credit Card from the drop-down list.
- Enter your Braintree account information. Your account information will be validated automatically.
That's it! Braintree is now successfully set up as your credit card payment provider.