Authorize.Net is available as a payment service provider on Shopgate.
In this article, you will find everything you need to set up Authorize.Net as a payment method for your mobile website and apps.
Topics covered in this article:
- Getting started
- Setting up Authorize.Net at Shopgate
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
1. Getting started
1.1 Supported payment types and countries
When configuring Shopgate for your Authorize.Net account, you can accept the following payment methods:
1.2 Collecting necessary information
To connect your Authorize.Net account at Shopgate, you will need the following credentials and configuration details. Please log onto Authorize.Net via merchant login and collect the information before you proceed.
|API Login ID||
This is the ID to access your Authorize.Net API.
To find it, go to your Authorize.Net panel. Navigate to "Account" and find "API Login ID and Transaction Key." Your API Login ID will be displayed.
For security reasons, you cannot view your Transaction Key. If you do not have your transaction key, you must generate a new one. To do this you will need the Secret Answer to the system-generated Secret Question.
IMPORTANT: If you have generated a new transaction key, you will need to update this information in all of your shopping cart systems that use this key.
What is my payment transaction type, Authorize Only or Authorize and Capture?
This can be found under TOOLS > Virtual Terminal.
|Supported credit card types||
Please select all the credit card types that are accepted in your Authorize.Net account. This can be found under TOOLS > Virtual Terminal. The supported card types should be listed under Payment/Authorization Information. See screenshot above.
|Additional Settings||To set up additional charges or discounts, read Understanding additional fees of a payment|
1.3 Enabling the Transaction Details API
In order to receive order details in your apps and mobile website, you need to enable the Transaction Details API in Authorize.Net. Follow the steps here to do so:
- Log on to the merchant interface at https://account.authorize.net
- Select Settings under Account Management in the left menu.
- Click the Transaction Details API link in the Security Settings section. The Transaction Details API screen displays.
- If you have not already enabled the Transaction Details API, enter the answer to your Secret Question, then click Enable Transaction Details API.
That's it! Now you have successfully enabled the Transaction Details API.
2. Setting up Authorize.Net at Shopgate
To set up Authorize.Net as a credit card payment method, please complete the following steps:
- Log in to your Shopgate Admin page.
- Click on Settings from the menu bar, then select Payment.
- Find Add payment method section, and start typing Authorize.net. Select Authorize.net under Credit card from the list.
- Enter your Authorize.Net account information in the pop-up window. Select the same credit card types configured in your Authorize.Net account. Your account information will be validated automatically.
That's it! Authorize.Net is now successfully set up on your Shopgate apps and mobile website.
3. Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
3.1 How to set up Apple Pay via Authorize.Net?
To set up Apple Pay via Authorize.Net, please follow the steps below:
1. Adding Apple Pay as payment method
On your Shopgate Payment page, add Apple Pay as a credit and debit card payment method.
To do so, follow the steps here: Adding Apple Pay to your payment methods
2. Obtaining Apple CSR from Authorize.Net
1. Log in to your account at Authorize.Net and click Apple Pay on the homepage. Click Sign up to go to the Apple Pay configuration page.
2. Enter your Apple Merchant ID, and click Generate Apple CSR. Where can I find my Apple Merchant ID?
3. This page will refresh. Now you should see a Download button - click on it to download your Apple Certificate Signing Request (CSR).
3. Generating Apple Pay Certificate at Shopgate
Upload your Apple CSR file you just downloaded to Shopgate, and we will generate the certificate for you.
To do so, follow the steps here: Uploading your Apple CSR to Shopgate
That's it! Now you have finished your part of adding Apple Pay as a payment method. Once Apple Pay has been activated and verified, you will be ready to accept credit and debit card payments via Apple Pay.
3.2 How to disable Order Confirmation emails from Authorize.Net?
By default, Authorize.Net will send a "transaction receipt" email to your customers. If your shop already sends a customized confirmation email, and you want to disable the one from Authorize.Net, please follow the steps here:
- Login to your Authorize.Net account, navigate to ACCOUNT, then click Email Receipts.
- Uncheck this option "Email transaction receipt to customer (if email address is provided)".
- Now you have successfully disabled the order confirmation emails from Authorize.Net.
3.3 "Error settling the order" - what should I do?
If this error happened on any of your mobile orders, it means you need to enable the Transaction Details API. Here is how.