Abandoned cart reminders are available on your app.
1. What is an abandoned cart reminder?
An abandoned cart reminder is an automated push notification that reminds users to complete their purchases on the app.
|Who gets this message?||
An app user who has added something to their cart but did not complete checkout.
You can decide when your app users get the abandoned cart reminder!
Your app users will get only one reminder per abandoned cart.
Note: If a user made any changes to the cart but didn't check out, we consider the cart a new one. Therefore the user will get another reminder.
2. How to create an abandoned cart reminder
To create a push reminder for abandoned carts, follow the steps here:
- Log into your Shopgate Admin.
- Navigate to Marketing > Push Messages and click "Manage Abandoned Cart Reminder".
- A lightbox will open (shown below).
- The event shows "User abandons cart". Currently, you cannot select another event.
- Schedule: choose to set delivery time manually at a fixed time or have the reminder sent automatically after 24 hours
- Choose a Destination such as a product page, a category, a custom page, adding a coupon to the user's cart, or a search query.
- Enter your reminder message (max. 155 characters).
- Turn the status to ON to begin using this automated reminder.
That's it! Now you have created an automated abandoned cart reminder. Your app users that have left something in the cart will receive a push notification reminding them to purchase.