You can segment your mobile users on Shopgate.
1. What is a User Segment?
A user segment is a group of users divided in specific ways that are useful for marketing, such as age and gender.
What can I use it for?
At the moment, you can target a user segment with push notifications on your app.
|Other Marketing Tools||✘|
How can I segment my users?
You can create a user segment by defining one or more of the conditions listed here.
|Registration||Unregistered or Registered|
|Gender||Female or Male|
|Age||Define one or multiple age groups.|
|Device Type||Android or iOS|
2. How to create a segment
To create a segment of your mobile users, log into your Shopgate Admin, navigate to Marketing > User Segments and click "+ Create New". A window shown below will pop up:
- Create your segment by adding one or multiple conditions from the left.
- As soon as clicked, a condition is added to the segment (middle column) and the audience (right column) is updated.
- Remove an active condition by clicking the "X" on the card.
- The Audience is the pool of users that meets ALL the conditions (logical "AND") of the segment
- Name your segment and click Save.
That's it! Now you have created a user segment.
3. How to use a user segment
Now that you have created a segment of your user base, you can serve specific push notifications that are only relevant to these users.
Here is how to do so:
- In your Shopgate Admin, navigate to Marketing > Push Messages and click "+ Create New".
- A window shown below will pop up. Configure your push notification by following the steps:
- Enter a "message" and choose an "action" for your notification.
- Click Segment in the section "recipient" and select one or multiple segments from the dropdown. If none of the existing segments is what you need, simply create a segment by clicking "Create New Segment" and following the steps in Chapter 2. How to create a segment.
- Select a time to send the push notification.
That's it! Now you have configured a push notification targeting a segment of your mobile users.