Enable your customers to ask questions and get answers from your support agents without even leaving your app. Intercom Live Chat can be integrated into your Shopgate app if you register for the Intercom Live Chat solution. (Unfortunately, Shopgate mobile websites are not supported by Intercom Live Chat.)
How to set it up
To install Intercom Live Chat on your app, you will need the following information:
- Your Intercom App ID
- Your iOS API Key
- Your Android API Key
Collect account information from Intercom
Follow the steps here to generate the API keys and find your App ID at Intercom:
- Log in to your Intercom account.
- On the bottom left, navigate to Account (your profile picture) → Settings.
- On the next page, click App settings on top.
- Scroll the menu bar down to locate the Installation section.
- For iOS apps, select iOS. On the right, click Add to Setup Guide. Your iOS API Key and App ID will appear.
- For Android apps, select Android. On the right, click the button Add to Setup Guide. Your Android API Key and App ID will appear. This App ID is the same as the App ID on the iOS page.
Set up Intercom at Shopgate
To set up Intercom Live Chat in your Shopgate app, follow the steps below:
- Log in to your Shopgate Admin and navigate to Settings → Live Chat.
- Locate Intercom Settings and turn it to ON.
- Enter your App ID, iOS API Key for iOS, and API Key for Android. Click Save.
Add a widget to your app
To display the Intercom Live Chat in your Shopgate app, add a widget to your homepage and/or any other pages you want it to display.
We suggest displaying the live chat widget on the homepage and a custom page dedicated to the live chat. The live chat custom page is easily accessible from the "More" menu located in the navigation bar.
- Log in to your Shopgate Admin and navigate to Pages.
- Select the page you want to add Intercom Live Chat on. Add an image or an image slider widget.
- A pop-up will open. Click the Link icon, then select Page → Intercom chat. Click Confirm.
- Finish the rest of the widget configurations. Click Save.
That's it! You have successfully set up your Intercom Live Chat.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need to sign up at Intercom to integrate the live chat in my app?
Yes! If you are already using Intercom Live Chat on your desktop shop, you can set it up on your app for no extra cost. If you would like to learn more about Intercom solutions, click here.
Which of my customers can use the live chat feature?
Anyone who has updated the app to the latest version should be able to chat with your agent. This means the app version should be 10.7 or newer for iOS users and 5.19 or newer for Android users.
If a customer's app version is not supported, a message will pop up telling the user to update the app when they tap on the Intercom live chat widget.