Send automated push notifications that reminds inactive customers to come back to use your app again.
|Who gets this message?||
Anyone who has opened your app in the past but hasn't done so in a while.
This reminder will be sent out only once per app user.
For example, if you enter the number "30," your inactive users will get the reminder 30 days after they abandoned the app. This particular user will get the reminder only once, even if they become inactive for 30 days again in the future.
This reminder will be sent at the delivery time you specify (in your shop's time zone).
For example, if you enter 8 PM EST, anyone who has abandoned your app for 30 days (assuming you entered 30 days) will receive the push notification at 8 PM Eastern Time that day.
How to create
To create a push notification for inactive users, follow these steps:
- Log into your Shopgate Admin.
- Navigate to Marketing → Push Messages and click Manage Automated Push Notifications.
- The lightbox shown below will open:
- Select the event Inactive User.
- Tell us when we should we reach out to your users with a push notification. (That is, how many days after they abandon your app.)
- Enter a Delivery time at which the notification will be sent.
- Choose a Destination such as a product page, a category, a custom page, adding a coupon to the user's cart, or a search query.
- Enter your reminder message (max. 155 characters). For tips and ideas for creative and compelling push notifications, check out our best practices guide.
- Enable this automated reminder by turning the slider to ON.
That's it! You've created an automated Inactive User Reminder. Your app users that haven't opened your app in a while will receive a push notification reminding them to give it another try.
Inactive User Reminders are a powerful tool to retain customers and keep them coming back. To help you make the most out of this, we have summarized the following best practices for your reference:
Choose an "inactivity period" that works for your shop.
You know your customers and your products better than anyone else. By now, you have probably figured out how often your customers usually come back to make another purchase. Use this knowledge and pick a number of inactivity days that serves the purpose of a reminder. Remember: a reminder should not be the same as harassment.
Give incentives for people to come back.
In one sentence, tell people why they should come back. Are you offering a coupon or free shipping if people shop in your app again? Have you stocked better or more products? Have you changed or improved anything in your shop? Is there an app-only sales event that provides early access to the big seasonal sales? Remember: sometimes a little incentive can go a long way.
For more tips, see our expanded page on best practices for push notifications.