Shipped an order? Tell your app customers about it!
1. Getting Started
You can configure a push notification to be sent to a customer after their order is shipped.
The customer must install your app on their devices and allow push notifications in the app.
2. How does it work for my shop?
Your customers will receive a confirmation push notification shortly after the order status is changed to "Shipped".
Enable the feature
- Log into your Shopgate Admin.
- Navigate to Settings → Shipping.
- Locate the section Shipping Confirmation Push Notification and turn the option to ON.
IMPORTANT: Due to policy changes at Apple and Google, you must authorize Shopgate to manage your app on your behalf before you can use the app features. If you haven't done so, a pop-up will open and guide you to the page where you can sign the authorization letters.
Confirm the notification
By default, your customers will get one of the following pre-defined notifications:
The notification is chosen randomly each time for added fun!
To define your own notification, enable the option "Custom shipping confirmation text" and enter your desired text in the text field. You can define 1 notification at a time.
😢 Emojis are currently NOT supported in custom notifications.
Check your shopping cart system
Shipping confirmation via push notification works for all Shopgate shops.
- If your shopping cart system is listed below, shipping confirmation is sent automatically after the order status in your shopping cart system is changed to "Shipped" (or how your shopping cart system calls it)
- If your shopping cart is not listed below, you will need to trigger the notification manually on each order by marking it as "Shipped".
These Shopping Cart Systems should trigger the notifications automatically
|Magento||PrestaShop||Shopware 3.5 & above||plentyMarkets|
|Shopify||Gambio||xt:Commerce 3, 4, 5||modified eCommerce|
3. Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
3.1 How can I trigger a shipping confirmation push notification manually?
If your shopping cart is not listed in the table above, follow the steps below to trigger a notification manually:
- Log into your Shopgate Admin and navigate to Orders.
- Open the order details by clicking Edit on the row.
- In the section Shipping, click the button Mark as Shipped.
- A pop-up opens. Select how you would like to send the shipping confirmation.
- Select Yes to send a push notification + email
- Select No to send a push notification (no email).
That's it! You have just sent out a shipping confirmation push notification manually.
3.2 Why aren't my customers getting the notifications?
If your shopping cart system should trigger the shipping or delivery notifications automatically but doesn't, it is possible that your ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) system is not sending data to Shopgate correctly.
3.3 Where can I check if the shipping confirmation is sent?
Click on Orders in your Shopgate Admin. If the status of the order is "Shipped", your push notification is sent.
3.4 When is the shipping confirmation sent?
If your shopping cart system is listed in this table, a confirmation push notification is sent immediately after an order is marked as shipped in your shopping cart system.
If your shopping cart system is not listed, we check the order status periodically. A confirmation push notification is sent as soon as we know that the order is shipped.
For questions concerning the shipping confimration push notification, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.